A.T.U (Special Chapter)

Warning: R-18

While the make-up artists were preparing me, I sat in front of the vanity table, scrolling through my social media accounts. I was running out of patience and needed to finish this as soon as possible.

"Caleb, are you all right there?" I asked my little baby, who was sitting on the couch with his sketchpad in his hands.

He smiled and gave me a thumbs up. "I called daddy, but he's not answering po," his lips pouted, on the verge of crying.

Sinenyasan ko ang mga make-up artists na nakapalibot sa akin bago tumayo para lapitan ang anak ko. I bend my knees to match his height. He's dressed in sky blue longsleeves, slacks, and his favorite spiderman shoes, which Carlos customized from a well-known brand. This was his favorite pair of shoes, I swear.

"He's probably at work, baby, but he'll be here before the show starts," I wiped his tears and kissed his cheeks, pleased that he blushed.

"Caleb, will wait po," saad niya at muling tinuon ang pansin sa kanyang mga drawings sa sketchpad.

I sat beside him, and a smile plastered on my face upon seeing his house design sketches. His dad spoiled him so much that he even bought most of the high-quality art materials since drawing is our son's hobby.

"Don't you want to draw a new house design, son? I've noticed you've been sketching the same design all the time," ani ko habang pinagmamasdan ang lahat ng kanyang ginuhit.

He shook his head slowly. "Caleb, like daddy, wants to be an engineer, and this is the first house I'd like to build just for us, Mommy."

Ito yata ang unang beses na narinig ko siyang magsabi kung ano ang gusto niya paglaki. It's been three years since I married Carlos, and the same year Caleb became our son. We met him before in the orphanage, and he wasn't talking at that time. Caleb was still a baby when he was abandoned in front of their door, according to welfare. He was wrapped in a white towel and nearly died from the cold.

Kinulong ko siya sa aking mga braso at napaiyak sa tuwa. "Yes, son, we will be there to support you; you will become a great engineer like your dad."

"I love you po, Mommy," He uttered after kissing my cheeks.

Nang matapos akong make-up-an ay tahimik kong pinagmamasdan ang aking sarili sa salamin. Today is KELZ's third anniversary, and I decided to commemorate the occasion with a runway fashion show. I couldn't believe how I got here, and I'm grateful to everyone who helped me.

"Ezra?"

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang makita ang repleksyon nina Brett and Rhia na magkahawak kamay sa likod ko. I recall them declining my request to come on the show due to their hectic schedules. Brett is still a model for Moore's, and Rhia is also a model, but she works for Versace PH; they are now a couple.

"Kumusta? I missed you both," naiiyak kong pahayag nang lumapit ako sa kanila.

Bumeso sa akin si Rhia. "Na-miss rin ka rin namin, Ezra. Alam mo bang pinabalik ko pa 'tong si Brett dito sa Pinas para lang sa fashion show mo?"

"Really?" I asked, averting my gaze from Brett. "Thank you so much for accommodating my request for you guys to be here."