⚘᠂ 𝗚𝗨𝗜𝗟𝗧𝗬

ellie grazer
|    𝗚𝗨𝗜𝗟𝗧𝗬    |
#.    011

𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚 was quiet. The car was quiet. Alina was quiet. And I was quiet. The silence was extremely tense to say the least but it wasn't really my main focus. I was currently sulking in my own fuck up and was regretting my own choices. In hindsight, I should've seen this coming. My Mom was right about one thing, lying never works. My texts had been staying on delivered and weren't being read. Not even one had been seen and it was secretly killing me. She really was disappointed. I guess I didn't really realise the result of my lies until hearing my own Mother say she was disappointed in me. That was the thing that hurt me the most.

I understood why she felt the way that she did to an extent but I didn't think I was a disappointment. I don't know why she didn't just let me explain myself. I don't know why she hated the idea of me having fun. It wasn't like I was completely disregarding school. School has always been my top priority but it doesn't mean it should consume every ounce of my life. Sure, it did in High School but I was in collage now. I didn't want to spend every second of my life here being consumed with school. My mindset was changing and I didn't see it as a bad thing, so why does my Mom?

I couldn't dawdle on my own self-loathing for long as literal screams came booming out from the radio. The volume was enough to make me jump and look away from the window but the awful noise and sounds only made me all the more weirded out.

"What is that?" I practically shouted out as my arm shot out and turned the radio off. I looked at Alina with a puzzled face as well as confusion.

Even she looked surprised at the noise. "Well, I had to get you to talk to me somehow." She revealed while facing me and the road ahead.

I slumped my posture and my expression dulled at the revelation. "What, by playing heavy metal music?" I asked with still, a very weirded out face.

"Well how else was I supposed too?" She asked , shrugging her shoulder in the process.

I shook my head and looked back out my window while slouching in the chair. "Could've asked about the weather." I mumbled slightly, allowing my heart to calm down from it's jump scare.

The car went back into silence and for the few seconds that it was quiet, I could feel Alina's eyes stabbing into me.

"Well, don't just go back to not talking." She told me as she prodded her finger into my thigh.

I brushed her hand away with a smile, that I poorly tried to hide, and looked back out the window. The 'peace' didn't last long as I was once again met with another jump scare from the booming metal music. My soul jumped from my skin as i lurched from my position to turn it off once more.

"Can you please maybe not do that?" I asked in an overdone sweet voice.

"Well, are you going to talk to me?" She returned a question, staring at me with an arched brow. I just blinked at her shaking my head with a small chuff and looked away. "Come on, I said I was sorry." She continued, this time her voice being a little more whiny.

"I already told you that I wasn't mad at you." I looked out of the windshield instead while bringing my legs up and crossing them on the seat.