⚘᠂ 𝗠𝗔𝗖 𝗡' 𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗘𝗦𝗘

ellie grazer
| 𝗠𝗔𝗖 𝗡' 𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗘𝗦𝗘 |
#. 013

three weeks later
-ˏˋ thursday ˊˎ-

𝗜 𝗪𝗔𝗟𝗞𝗘𝗗 into the room, chucking my backpack onto the floor the minute I was inside. I could feel the ache in my feet yet ignored it as I unzipped my jacket and wandered further into the room. A smile clawed across my lips as I saw Alina, she was sitting in her bed, surrounded by open text books and notepads.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked as I opened the closet and hung my jacket back up, on one of the hangers.

"No." She announced stressfully, causing me to look over my shoulder to see her staring at me with a red face.

I frowned and closed the doors before walking towards her immediately. "What's wrong?" I asked along the way.

"I'm so behind on all of my work, El." She spoke in a slightly frantic yet exhausted voice. "I thought I'd be able to catch up on everything but I haven't. I've got so much homework to do as well. I just don't know what to do first, it's all too much." She sounded like she wanted to give up. I looked all around her, her whole bed was covered in pens and paper. She looked completely drained and I couldn't help but question how long she had been in this exact position doing this, for.

"Okay, slow down." I smiled warmly. "I'll help you get everything done. What have you done so far?" I asked in a calm voice as to not stress her out even more.

"Barely anything." She sniffed. "It's only been three weeks and I'm already failing everything." She threw her pen down and dropped her head into her hands, completely giving up.

"Hey, come on." I pulled her hands away, not allowing her to give up just yet. "I really highly doubt that you are failing." I eyed her with a stern look. "We haven't even been here a month, okay? It takes time to get into a work routine and understand what you need to get done. I promise you, you are not failing." I sounded like my Mom but she needed to hear it. I wanted to Alina to understand that she really wasn't failing. At this point in time, nobody was.

"Then, why aren't you like me right now?" She sniffled once again and it was now where I could see that she had been previously crying.

"Because I'm balancing everything out that's why. A routine. That's what you need." I told her the truthful answer. I didn't want to straight up say that she was at fault for all of this but I didn't want to tell her blatant lies either just to make her feel better.

She sighed and groaned. "You're right." She put her face into her hands once again. "I hate that you're right."

I laughed. "Me too. Now, come on. Let's do it together." I shuffled slightly and crossed my legs to get more comfortable as I then looked down at the work she was currently doing.

"You don't have to help." I heard her sniffle once again. "I'll just pull an all nighter or something. I understand everything and I'll be able to do it all, there's just so much to do." She admitted defeatedly.

"Which is why, I'm going to help you." I told her as I read over the topic she was studying. "Oh, I did this the other day. I'll help you."