Chapter 9: Jinchuriki

Three days after departing from Kumo, Naruto reached the shores of Lightning country and took off across the sea without pause, channeling chakra into his feet and running across the oceans surface. At his best calculation, it would take roughly a full day of running to reach water country, which is why he decided to take a pause on one of the small, outlying islands in order to practice his new jutsu; namely the one's he'd copied from Jiraiya's mind and a few that were still left over from Orochimaru's collection, techniques that he had been unable to use without the proper knowledge.

The increase in chakra and strength he'd gained from Jiraiya was incredible, it truly showed how powerful the toad sannin was, the sannin must've really been holding back during their battle. Technique wise, Jiraiya didn't really have anything he didn't already know, a majority of his elemental techniques having been included in the Yondaime's scrolls.

He'd chosen to keep Jiraiya's Needle Jizo and Needle Hell techniques, as well as the sannin's Spiraling Sphere variations. He'd also attempted Jiraiya's Sage techniques but had found them to be impossible to master without help from the toads and their special oil, something he had realized after having to decapitate himself for the tenth time in order to avoid petrification.

With the sannin's techniques out of the way, he shifted his attention to the true reason he'd absorbed Jiraiya's knowledge, Sealing Techniques. Jiraiya's information om the art of seals had been a great help, allowing him to easily understand and comprehend the more complicated parts of his father's notes, allowing him to finally complete the Flying Thunder God. He had even managed to improve the jutsu by using his shapeshifting abilities to make a small stamp of the seal at the tip of his finger, allowing him to place physical seals with a single touch, seals that would allow him to teleport directly to his opponents and cut them down.

The sealing knowledge had also helped him to understand Orochimaru's notes on his cursed seals, as well as the Impure World Reincarnation, allowing him to add both techniques to his repertoire. After mastering the technique, he had immediately opened a Black Cavity back to Kumo and had supplied each of his new friends with a Flying Thunder God kunai, allowing them to call on him should they ever require his help.

That had been a good choice on his part, it had been well worth the effort.

-Flashback-

Yugito stood outside Naruto's room with her hand raised, prepared to knock on the other blonds door, she had received a message to meet him but had found herself stalling at the last minute.

'Come on Yugito, it's just Naruto, I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable reason that he would want to meet you... late at night... in his room...' she mused, her thoughts starting off on a tangent, the girl blushing at the implications.

"Hurry up and knock kitten, we both know that you like him, I would think that you would gladly jump at this chance." Sanbi purred from the back of her mind, the demons chakra tingling within her.

'I don't like him like that Neko-chan, we're just friends.' she replied suddenly, her cheeks a blazing red. 'I'm sure there's another reason he called me here.'

"You forget that I know your deepest desires kitten." Sanbi countered, her chakra flowing quicker within her hosts body. "I've noticed how you watch him when the two of you 'spar'."

Yugito's heated reply was cut off as the door opened, Naruto standing in the doorway with a smile on his face.

"Hello Yugito-chan." the teen greeted, ignoring the fact that he had sensed her standing out here for several minutes. "Why don't you come in?"