Chapter 16: Uchiha

-Several miles from the village-

Madara stood looking at the flames that blocked his way to the village, he had felt a large amount of chakra released from this area and had come to investigate only to find the way blocked by the familiar looking black flames.

"Who did this? Itachi is supposed to be dead and little Sasuke didn't have the Mangekyo last time I checked, could their be another Uchiha running about? And why attack Konoha, either way with Itachi gone and Sasuke missing this might be my last chance, this body has just about reached it's limit, an Uchiha with the ability to use such a powerful Amaterasu will make an excellent host.'

Chuckling to him self Madara disappeared into a vortex originating from his right eye.

-Minuets ago-

Minato watched in amazement as his son continued to demolish the hidden leaf forces, he had found out a while ago that he could not only sense the life force of everyone around him but also see their spirits as they died, with each person that died a white luminescent version of them would soar out of their body and into the sky, all around the village he could feel as several lives ended one after the other, one second he had a feeling of someone being in some direction, the next nothing, at one point the entire sky was filled with glowing white spirits, it nearly broke his heart to see so many people die at the hands of his own son.

As he turned his attention back to the battle at hand Minato could only feel four people still alive in the village, there were of course the small amounts of life force belonging to Jiraiya and Tsunade, he assumed that their old age led to their having so little life force left, then there was Asuma who had more than Tsunade and Jiraiya put together, all around them lay the bodies of their comrades all defeated and killed by the man who stood across from them, Minato shivered every time he tried to gauge Naruto's life force, he had expected it to be as high as Asuma's maybe a little higher due to the age difference but what he could sense was incredible, no one in the village even came close to the amount of life force within Naruto's body, it felt like an endless pool, in fact he was sure that even the life force of all the people in Konoha combined didn't even come close to the amount Naruto radiated.

'What happened to you Naruto, how did you become so powerful?' he wondered

As he watched Naruto rush at the last of the Konoha nin Minato felt conflicted, on one hand he was angry at Naruto for destroying their village, he was also disappointed that Naruto would walk the path of revenge rather than forgive the people of Konoha but on the other hand he was filled with regret for believing that the people would view Naruto as a hero, he was also proud of his son, disappointment or not his own flesh and blood had single handedly taken down the strongest of the five great villages, no matter what Minato was still proud of his son.

Minato was brought out of his musing as something flew through his body and into the pile of rubble behind him, turning he found it to be the broken and lifeless body of Asuma Sarutobi, his head hung limp to the side attached to his neck by a flap of skin, his torso and limbs were covers in various claw marks while his chest was caved in, most likely from the blow that sent him flying, in each of his hands were the bottom half of his trademark trench knives, closer inspection showed that the blades had been cut right through, most likely by the sword Naruto wielded and was attacking Jiraiya with.

Looking for Tsunade he found her kneeling off to the side with one hand holding a bleeding wound in her gut, from where he stood he could see that the wound went through the front and came out her back, she was also covered in multiple scratches and one arm looked like it was broken, before Minato could count her out of the fight he saw various patters cover her body before all her wounds steamed shut, he assumed it was that seal he had helped her develop, Tsunade stood and rushed back into battle creating craters with each blow, he watched as Jiraiya used his Hari Jizo followed by the Hari Jigoku, he was stunned when Naruto countered with the same attacks, his needles knocking down Jiraiya's, and from the look on Jiraiya's face he was stunned as well meaning he didn't teach it to Naruto.