Chapter 24: Marine

Naruto reappeared in front of a familiar door, taking in his location he smiled sadly and opened the door.

"Yo, Welcome back." a figure to the side said with a wave

"Hey D, how are you?" Naruto asked waving back.

"Meh, I be doing alright, ya 'ere ta visit your buckos Naruto?" D asked

"I'm not sure, its been over half a century. I don't even know if their still alive." Naruto replied sadly, he was interrupted by D's chuckle

"Time works strangely in each realm Naruto, ta them tis only bin three weeks since ya left." D explained

Naruto stared back incredulously "That makes no sense, last time I was here for over two weeks and the same amount of time had passed when I got back to my realm."

"Strange, I wonder 'ow that happened, maybe twas was a miracle or an act o' god?" D asked sarcastically

"Shut up." Naruto pouted "How was I supposed to know that."

"Harharharhar, tha door be over thar Naruto, I'll be seeing ya." D stated, he then pulled a fishing rod from his back and cast a line into the large pond that made up the room.

"Whatever, don't think I've forgotten about you dumping me a thousand feet in the air last time." Naruto stated as he stepped through the door.

Naruto found himself standing in a mob of people that were rushing around screaming into den den mushi. As one person ran by Naruto grabbed a hold of him.

"Oi, whats going on?" he asked

The person looked over at him for a second before screaming.

"It's 'Diamond Eyes' Uzumaki Naruto!" he yelled "Help me!"

All actions ceased as everyone turned to face him, there was a moments silence before the people shouted and ran from the area. Naruto glared down at the man he was holding onto.

"Well that didn't help at all." he said

The man whimpered in his grip "Please don't hurt me, please don't hurt me, please don't hurt me." he chanted. He was interrupted by a flick to the forehead.

"Oi, calm down. I'm not gonna hurt you..." Naruto trailed off, the flick had rendered the man unconscious. Sighing he placed a hand on the mans head and viewed his memories.

Naruto swore as he finished watching the memories, the man was reporter covering a big story. Some how the boat with Ace had been captured on the way to Water 7, the marines were now facing off against the Whitebeard pirates at Marineford. All communications had just been cut after Luffy had arrived at the Island with a crew of random famous individuals. Naruto dragged the information on Marineford from the reporters mind and dumped the man on the ground.

'Punching a world noble, you're hilarious Luffy.' he chuckled as he walked away. A shout from a marine was heard behind him but Naruto vanished an instant later.

''Luffy!" Ace screamed s he ran towards his brother. He cursed, this was all his fault, they would have escaped but then he had to stop and argue with that bastard Akainu, now Luffy was going to die if it he didn't make it in time.

"Die Strawhat." Akainu whispered as he brought his fist down.

Ace sighed as he managed to get between Luffy and the lava fist, he closed his eyes and waited for the blow to come with a smile on his face.

'At least Luffy is safe.' he thought, sensing the fist approaching he tensed up to receive the hit.

-Thump-