Chapter 13: Konoha

It was nearing dawn when Sakura jerked awake, the muffled cries and loud bangs making it impossible for her to sleep. She angrily flipped over and covered her ears with a pillow, trying to drown out the sounds of her parents making love, only to realize that her parents room was on the other end of the hall and the sounds were coming from her closet.

Leaping from her bed, Sakura paled as she picked up a kunai from her bedside table and slowly stalked towards the closet door. Taking a deep breath to calm herself, she yanked open the door, fully prepared to handle whatever was in there.

Her screams were loud enough to wake the neighborhood and bring the night watch to her room, where they found her unconscious on the blood-soaked floor, a very bloodied mess laying in her closet with a small note pinned to the body.

Tsunade scowled as she rushed through the hospital, hurriedly making her way towards the emergency ward, her brow scrunched in thought. She had been informed by an ANBU squad moments ago that Uchiha Sasuke had been returned to the village but he was in terrible condition, due to the insistence of the council she had immediately rushed to the hospital to help save his life, never mind the dozens of medics already working on the case.

Entering the ward, she found the place to be a great mess, there were nurses running all over the place trying to assist the doctors, who were all working on what looked to be a blood-soaked pile of meat. Her hemophobia threatened to return just from looking at the extensive damage to the body, not to mention the great amounts of blood pouring from it.

Calling the room to attention with a chakra spike, she ordered them all to calm down before pulling one of the doctors from the group and asking for a status report.

"I don't know how to explain it Hokage-sama, by all means he should have died several hours ago, the fact that he still lives is a miracle on its own." the doctor explained, looking highly flustered.

"What do you mean?" Tsunade asked, suppressing a shudder as she glanced at the body.

"Well, for starter's he's already lost enough blood for three people yet his body keeps making more and more, whoever did this didn't want him to die of bloodloss." the doctor responded, frowning at the blood covering his front.

"How do you know someone else did this?" Tsunade asked, frowning minutely. "I don't know of any techniques that can replenish blood this quickly."

It was true, she had been trying for years to develop a technique to combat bloodloss, one of the top three reasons shinobi die in the field.

"We found several seals on his form, Jiraiya-sama has already taken a look at them and copied them down for later use." the doctor replied, nodding towards a stack of scrolls on a nearby table. "From what he could decipher, one of the seals keeps the victim from loosing consciousness or going into shock, another causes the pain receptors to become extra sensitive and the last one replenishes blood at an extraordinary rate. That final seal is the reason we're having difficulty healing the patient."

Tsunade stood awed at the power of these seals, nothing like this had ever been accomplished before, they had tried many times to create seals like those for use in healing as well as Torture and Interrogation but the complexity of the human body made it a difficult task to accomplish.

"What do you mean we cant heal him?" she asked after a seconds pause, her mind shuffling the seals away for later thought.

"The seal forces him to produce so much blood that if we were to close him up without removing it, his body would swell up and explode in mere seconds." the doctor replied, Tsunade nodding in agreement as she reached the same conclusion. "Until Jiraiya-sama finds a safe way to remove the seal, we can only try to lessen the amount of pain he feels and just let him bleed out."