Sisters

A.N.: This is based off a random headcanon I thought of being that Miss Wren let Miss Avocet live with her when they first started out as being Ymbrynes and they ran the menagerie together for a short period of time until Miss Avocet made the academy.

________________________________________

"Balenciaga"

"BALENCIAGA!"

"Huh?" Miss Wren turned her head sharply, making her neck get that tense burning feeling as Maybelle Finch took a sip of her Earl Gray tea.

"What are you so focused on?" Miss Finch asked, adjusting her sleeves as she tried to find what Miss Wren was so focused on.

"nothing, just checking in on Esme." Miss Wren turned around fully to try and spot the younger girl in the sea of people who flooded the hall.

"Why, she's fine. She seems to be very good at pleasing people and that is definitely a characteristic these old women wanna see!" Miss Finch jokes, but shut her mouth quickly as Miss Condor walked by, eyeing the women sourly.

"Get your work done ladies. No time for idle chatting" the condor snapped. Both of the girls waited until their superior was gone down the corridor.

"Esme, she's been acting rather strange as of late. She always becomes very silent and reserved when she isn't well. I believe it has something to do with her bird form and how she was a bird, a trait of hiding illness like they do." Miss Wren sipped her tea. "She gives me half response answers when I get home, and when we are asleep I can hear her mumbling to herself almost frantically in her sleep, it's rather creepy, especially considering she prefers to sleep standing against the wall, but last night, she crawled in bed with me, and hugged me. that's not normal behavior for her."

"...Have you tried asking her?" Miss Finch asked with a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"Well of course Belle, but I get half responses and she jumps subjects." Miss Wren said with a sigh then stood up. "I'll corner her when next time I get the chance!"

"Don't...don't do that Balenciaga that sounds like you're gonna beat her up!" Miss Finch laughed a little  as she stood up. "I'm going to go find Edna and retire for the night, have fun with your little endeavor." Miss Finch waved and turned around on her heels, her skirt swishing around her.

"I will, you have fun with your crush!" Miss Wren whispered to Miss Finch with a glare.

"I do NOT have a crush on Edna." She turned back around, practically dashing down the hall before Miss Wren could see her blushing cheeks.

"Of course not, not at all. How could I be so dumb?" Miss Wren said to herself as she collected her papers and started down the hall for the night.

"Esme?" Miss Wren called into her room provided by the council. Most of the younger, newer Ymbrynes shared rooms, leaving the elder's to their well deserved privacy.

"Esmerelda?" Miss Wren turned the corner of the room to find the other bed wrinkly but still made, a creamy colored note nestled on the pillow folded in a weird fashion of triangles.

"Went down to the lake, swim. Be back later? She truly has got to work on her hand writing." But unfortunately, that wasn't all Miss Wren was concerned with. Miss Wren felt an odd tugging at her heart. Without a second thought she grabbed her coat and opened her window with a loud cream, then the back haired woman tossed her yellow cloak into the nearby lowest branch of a cherry blossom tree, then followed suit herself.

"She always comes to the lakes riddled with blood sucking evil bullies." Miss Wren huffed as she swatted away another mosquito. It was nice and humid out, leaving the mosquitos to terrorize everyone in their wake.