"Hamburger helper"

Mystery?
                                        - - -

"Holy shit! what happened to you?!", The raven haired boy asked the chubbier one.

The start of everything.

After those few short words, Ben Hanscom's life was changed forever.

He would be happier than he had ever been before in his entire existence.

The losers have always been a sort of escape from reality to Ben.

He could get lost in Beverly's ocean-like eyes.

He could get lost in the conversations he'd share between the losers.

He could get lost — smiling at pictures he'd taken with the losers.

People he loved, so very dearly.

Ben would always question how he'd gotten so lucky — finding the people who genuinely care about him.

People who didn't care what he looked like.

People who ignored his flaws and saw him out for the person he was.

An amazing person.

One of the kindest losers.

He didn't mind being a loser.

After all, it had a nice ring to it.

He didn't mind Henry's hurtful words anymore.

After all, they weren't true.

The other losers had helped him over come this 'fear' of Henry Bowers.

They'd given Ben confidence.

   Enough to believe in himself, anyway. That was a lot for Ben, though. Sure, he was quiet confident about his smarts, but he had never had enough courage to actually believe in himself, not just traits he had. And I mean, actually believe. He had truly found himself.

On that day the four boys found Ben, all alone, he hand found himself, too.

Everything changed immensely from that day forward.

He learned things not even the Derry Library books could have taught him.

The losers were the smartest people he knew.

     Somewhere, in the depths of Ben's mind, the losers hit a soft spot. A spot no one had ever reached before, not even Ben himself. Ben didn't understand what this feeling was. It itched his brain, made his eyes scrunch up, and made his teeth show more often. Ben didn't understand how a certain group of very different people could make him feel such a way. Ben didn't understand many things or why they happened. He was lost in life sometimes, trying to figure out; Why? Why did things happen the way they did? It was something so confusing, no teacher, engineer, biologist, not even the smartest scientist could solve. It was merely a mystery that would — and could never be solved. Ben related this feeling the losers made him feel to mysteries such as said before.

That's it.

A mystery is how the losers caused the questioning boy to feel.