'Slut'

Grateful
——————
Beverly Marsh. A girl mistaken for someone who she was not. Someone labeled a 'slut'. Beverly couldn't understand Why? Why had people been so cruel to her? She often questioned what she'd ever done to the people of Derry Middle School.
People like Henry Bowers, the typical school bully. The ones you see in those movies for kids. The bad guy. The character that was designed for the soul purpose of being loathed and abhorred.

Another thing Beverly always seemed to wonder was; how was she labeled as this horrible thing?
A thing that was perceived by many as disgusting. Gross. Vile. A slut. Only Beverly knew this, or maybe she was the only who ever truly knew; she'd only ever kissed one boy. One boy, in the third grade, for a stupid school play! Her first kiss, wasted and stupid! It seemed to her at the time that, that one small, stupid kiss would be her only, and last. No boy would want to kiss a slut.

That was until one hot, summer day in Derry, Maine. There were two boys out of the group of four who saw Beverly as something other than a 'slut'. They saw Beverly for herself. Not a slut. Not gross. Not disgusting. Not vile. They saw her as beautiful. Gorgeous. A misunderstood, beautiful teenage girl.

These two boys being: William Denbrough and Ben Hanscom.

William Denbrough, also known by many as "Stuttering Bill". The boy from the third grade. The only boy who'd ever kissed Beverly Marsh. One of the only people in the world who adored Beverly, whether she was labeled as a slut or not. That was one of the many things he would later find that he shared with Ben Hanscom.

Beverly would always be deeply grateful for the boys. Even years and years later, when she was married to someone new, when she had a family and house of her own, when she was a middle-aged woman with lines of stress starting to stain her face, she would still be grateful for the opportunity she was faced with; being friends with those four boys (and five later on). On her last dying breath, the very last thing she would ever think of in her entire existence on this Earth, would be those five boys.

Beverly Marsh was forever grateful.