depressing, Hannibal x reader

Hannibal and you had gotten into a huge heated fight and instead of solving it you just kept fighting, you never would have thought he would have laid his hands on you.

He promised he wouldn't. Until he smacked you.

The spot was still red and swollen when you went to bed. You forced him to sleep on the couch. You didn't want to dump him but this is seriously getting out of hand.  You decided you would talk to him about it in the morning.

You woke up early, not yet changing from your PJs and looked around downstairs, not seeing his form on the couch you figured he was using the restroom. You went into the kitchen and prepared breakfast for the two of you.

You waited until he would come out. And when he never did it concerned you, you walked to the bathroom seeing the door open and no sign of Hannibal.
You searched around the house until you got to your bedroom a neat note sitting on the dresser

' I know you're mad at me, darling, however hitting my chest with the force of your anger does not harm me. I do have to say  your tears Peirce my skin better then your nails scratching me. So stop crying,it's enough now. Our love was great, but you should have believed me when I said I don't like feeling love. Don't be surprised now, you will still be my beloved. I just cannot let you hurt me first. Love does make us vulnerable my dear, I simply can't give you the chance to use it against me.'

You fell to the floor tears running down your face. You had driven him away. Just like you had with past lovers.
You said you'd be together forever.

But it turns out for some, forever isn't very long.