𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮: 𝓛𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓥𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓽𝓼

"What are you doing here?" I ask when I see Gray sitting on my bed.

"Um your mom let me in" he responded.

"Ok well I don't want you here so can you leave." I ask and he hurriedly says "I want to apologize for ahat I said, I didn't mean any of that." I just furrow my eyebrows at him

"Obviously you did or you wouldn't have said it now please get out." I say again. I really don't want him here, he hurt me and now he's trying to apologize as if that's going to fix anything.

"Please Ana, I really am sorry. I just didn't know how to feel, I was panicking and I just-"

"Grayson just leave!" I shout cutting him off. He doesn't say anything he just nods and gets up, walking out of my room with his head down.

I throw myself down on my bed and bury my head into my pillow.

I don't know what to do. I should've let him talk but I couldn't stand to, I don't have enough patience for him right now.

There's of knock on my door and I shout "come in" but it's muffled from my pillow.

My door opens and my mom walks in. "Hey sweetie, care to tell me what's going on?" she asks.

I let out a groan and decide that it's best to tell her.

****

I explain the situation to her and all she does is let out a small sigh.

"Well then... what do I do?" I ask because I don't think I can make this decision on my own.

"I don't think you'll really like my answer hun but... I feel like you should at least listen to his side of the story. You didn't give him a chance to explain his thoughts about everything. Sure what he did wasn't very... how do I say this... kind, I guess, but I think you should at least hear him out."

I groan once again, "how come you're always right?"

She laughs and pushes my hair behind my ear and kisses me forehead. "I'll let you be" she says and walks out of my room, shutting the door behind her.

****

I decided to shower a little while ago and started working on my homework. I get a text from Gray, "Look Ana I'm sorry. I know apologizing over text doesn't seem very sincere but you won't talk to me so I don't what else to do. If you decide to talk to me, you know where I am."

I leave him on read but feel a small ounce of regret but I push it aside and decide to worry about it later.

I walk downstairs and heat myself up some food and grab a cup of water.

I take my meal up to my room and continue working on my homework.

****

It's 11:30 and I'm laying in my bed watching rain drops fall outside of my window. I've been trying for nearly an hour to fall asleep but I feel so bad for not listening or talking to Grayson.

I don't know why but I pull myself out of bed and slide on my tennis shoes, walking out of my room to my front door. I've never snuck out of the house before and I can't tell if I'm either terrified or if I couldn't care less about my mom finding out. Either way I don't second guess it and open the door to walk out in the rain.

Grayson doesn't live very far so I just ride my bike there because I'm scared my car will wake my mom up from the lights.

I get to Gray's house soaking wet and I walk to the back of his house. His bedroom window faces towars the backyard so I sneak in through the back. His parents told my where the key to the back gate was so I'm easily able to get in.

I climb up to his window quietly since I can't go in through the house or I'll wake his parents. I see him lying on his bed... reading a book? "Would've never expected that." I think to myself. I tap on his window and he looks up at me. His eyes widen and he rushes out of his bed and to the window to let me in.

"Ana? What the f-" he starts saying loudly but I cut him off by placing my hand over his mouth to quiet him down.

"What are you doing, are you out of your mind?" He whisper shouts

"Sorta" I respond shivering.

"Oh my god, let me get you a something to wear." He says and quickly goes to his closet. He grabs me a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.

"These are the smallest I have, now change" he says handing the clothes to me. I take them and he just stands there.

"Well turn around!" I say and he just nods his head and turns around.

"What even are you doing here Ana?" He asks still facing the other way.

I finish sliding on the clothes and say "I wanted to hear you out, I felt really bad."

He turns around, looks me up and down and smiles. I get self conscious after that for some reason even though basically every inch of me from my knees up is covered.

I sit down on the edge of his bed and he sits next to me. "Start talking then" I say nodding at him.

He nods back, "Ok look Ana. I know we haven't really gotten along but studying with you has made me realize that we actually have no reason to not get along. Being with you actually makes me feel really good-" I cut him off "then whyd you do it."

"Um, well when we... kissed... I just sorta panicked because we obviously have never really felt that way towards each other. When I saw you at the party with whoever that guy was in the backyard I just got really jealous and felt like you didn't feel the same way I felt about you so I just grabbed a random girl and she had no problem with it. I was secretly so jealous of him and I didn't want you to know so I said horrible things that I really didn't mean. I just hurt me seeing you with someone else. I'm sorry."

After he explained that all I could feel were butterflies in my stomach. I had to bite the inside of my cheeks to keep me from smiling. I had no idea he felt that way towards me.

"So-" he starts but I easily stop him when I quickly kiss him.

It takes him a second but he quickly starts kissing me back. His hand goes up on the back of my neck to pull me closer into him. We keep kissing for a bit but when we pull apart we just smile at each other.

"I should-" I start taking but he stops me.

"Stay with me," he says quickly ",please."

All I do is nod even though I know I should leave.

He lays down and I lay next to him. He pulls me into his body by my waist and buries his head into the crook of my neck. I lace my fingers with his and he gives me a quick kiss on my temple. I smile and whisper "good night" to him and he says it back and quickly feel my eyes start to flutter shut.