6: bitter & sweet

HEADS TURNED AS THEY

     watched itadori sukuna casually make his way down the second-year's hall. most deduced that he was probably here to beat up some upperclassmen that had wronged him.

     however, they were quickly proven wrong upon seeing him stand before classroom 2-b, hesitant.

not many dared go near him, until an unfortunate soul was stopped and interrogated by his intimidating ass.

     "oi, is she still here?", sukuna asked a random student.

"w-w-who??"

"isn't it obvious?", sukuna retorted.

     'no, it really isn't!', the random student and the others around them mentally thought in sync.

     "huh? what're you doing here?", maki questioned, suddenly showing up and becoming everyone's savior.

"who are you again?", sukuna asked, causing an irk mark to form on the girl's forehead.

"maki, you ignorant fool".

"say that again? I'll—"

just as the students around them thought that sukuna was going to hit a woman, chiyo had popped up from behind maki with a bright smile on her face.

"oh, sukuna! what're you doing here?", the blonde second-year asked, as maki grumbled something beneath her breath.

     "I'm here because..."

     "because...?"

     "the bento box", sukuna reminded, to which chiyo had perked up at that and went back into the classroom to go grab it.

"here you go! thank you for the delightful lunch once again", chiyo softly mumbled, to which sukuna had just nodded, still not leaving.

"i-is there anything else I can do for you?"

"didn't you say that you were afraid of the dark?", sukuna questioned, to which the second-year had flinched in embarrassment.

maki raised a brow, as chiyo proceeded to twiddle her thumbs.

"u-umm...m-maki and mai invited me to this café today so..."

     "oh".

     sukuna was about to turn around and leave, before chiyo had invited him as well.

     "y-you could bring yūji-kun and your shared friends too i-if you'd like!"

     "chiyo! it was supposed to be just us three", maki harshly whispered.

     "I'm sorry maki!! but it'll be fun. plus, you're always telling me to meet new people", chiyo quietly rebutted.

     "if you insist", sukuna shrugged, phoning his twin, who was waiting outside the school gates.