32

liked by mikeymcleod9, esmemills, and 103972 othersjackhughes  8 more years!!!😈😈

jackhughes  8 more years!!!😈😈

_quinnhughes  rights

dougieham  let's go baby! @/jackhughes

esmemills  happy for you 💗

user93  does that mean esmeray is here for 8 more years? 😏

it's been a week since esmeray had been back and she hadn't left the apartment. she hadn't gone to the away games or practices, just staying in bed.

esmeray didn't want to be bombarded with questions when she returned to work, and she also felt like she didn't want to be there.

she was nervous that something like that would happen again while she was at work. esmeray knew that the people she worked with were amazing and wouldn't do that to anyone, yet she could only assume.

esmeray was in the kitchen making lunch when she heard the front door open. she got nervous and turned around, seeing just jack and ty.

"sorry." ty said to her.

"it's fine." she sighed. esmeray was starting to get to her old self again, but she was still getting nervous and scared around some people and some things.

"what are you making?" jack asked. he sat down at the island and watched as esmeray cooked.

"grilled cheese." esmeray responded.

"would you like one?" she offered, looking back at jack.

"yes please." jack smiled softly. she handed jack the one she had just made, and made another one for herself.

"congrats on signing an eight year deal." esmeray said, sitting down next to him.

"thanks. im happy i'll be here a while with luke." jack said. esmeray furrowed her eyebrows, then remembering.

"right, i forgot luke got drafted by the devils." esmeray chuckled, shaking her head.

"he seems like a nice kid, i can't wait to meet him." esmeray told jack.

"luke's a special kid, so is quinn." jack smiled.

"quinn..?"

"my older brother." jack informed.

"oh, i didn't know you had an older brother. you never really talk about him." esmeray said, taking a bite of her grilled cheese.

"you've never seen the pictures i take with him on my instagram?" jack asked.

"no.." esmeray admitted, her cheeks turning red. jack chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"it's fine, es. i've told him and luke about you though." jack said. esmeray widen her eyes and looked at him.

"why? what did you tell them about me?" esmeray asked.

"i told them because they should know that i love you. they want to meet you too," jack told her, "i told them that you are an amazing woman and you make me happy. luke said that if i didn't date you, he would, so i had to ask you out before he did."

esmeray laughed at the part where luke wanted to ask her out. "they want to meet me?"

"of course they do." jack assured. "who wouldn't want to meet you?"

esmeray rolled her eyes and smiled, laughing at jack.

"i know, i'm really funny." jack smiled.

"yeah, really funny." esmeray snickered. she took the dirty plates and put them in the dishwasher, turning it on.

"im gonna go take a nap." she said. jack nodded his head and kissed her cheek, watching her go back towards her bedroom.

jack was left thinking. would spending christmas with his family be too much for esmeray? he knew she wouldn't be going anywhere for christmas, but after what had happened on her vacation, he didn't know if she would want to go.