47

liked by rhys12, willzitez, and 8364 othersesmemills  ☕️

esmemills  ☕️

rhys12  i love you ;)
-  esmemills  i love you too :)
user68  @/jackhughes  you see this? 🫣

willzitez  my bestie ateee 😏😏

user82  is she cheating on jack?

user02  bro if she hurt my man's heart i will end her.

esmeray arrived back at the beach house and pulled out her phone from her purse. she looked at jack's contact for minute, debating if she should actually call him.

as if on cue, jack called her. esmeray squealed and jumped away from her phone.

she carefully accepted the call, squeaking out a small, "hey."

"hey. i uh, i miss you. a lot." jack told her.

"im sorry about earlier today. im really sorry about what i said." jack apologized.

"it's fine jack, im just upset with you not letting me explain." esmeray told him.

"well, i'll let you explain now, if you want." jack said.

"the guy that i was texting, his name is rhys. we dated back in high school, and now we're really good friends, but jack, hes gay. there's nothing for you to worry about." esmeray explained.

"rhys and i haven't seen each other in a while and i thought it would be a good idea to come back home to see him." she said.

"oh, i guess i should've let you explain then.." jack sighed. "im sorry. i just wanted you to be safe and i wanted to protect you."

carol was right. jack was nervous and he wanted to protect esmeray.

"do you forgive me?" jack finally asked.

"i do. im still a little upset, but i do forgive you." esmeray said.

"when do you think you'll be back up here?" jack asked, changing the subject.

"maybe the day after tomorrow?" esmeray questioned herself. "i'd just like to see rhys while he's in town."

"yeah..just let me know how you're doing each day. check up on me?" jack asked shyly. esmeray smiled to herself, loving how shy jack had just got.

"yeah, i'll do that. don't worry about me." esmeray chuckled.

"im gonna head to bed. it's late and i got an early practice tomorrow." jack told her.

"goodnight. i love you." esmeray said.

"i love you too. see ya." jack ended the call and esmeray smiled to herself.

esmeray was awaken in the morning to wheels rolling on the ground downstairs. she pushed the covers off of her and rushed down the stairs, eager to see rhys.

"rhys!" esmeray yelled, jumping into his arms.

"i've missed you so much." esmeray mumbled into the crook of his neck.

"i've missed you too." rhys smiled. esmeray went back to the floor and smiled up at rhys.

"want to go to the restaurant for breakfast? im starving and carol misses you." esmeray asked.

"yeah, let me change real quick. i am not going out in these airport clothes, and you are so not going out in a lace bra and sweats." rhys chuckled.

"your boyfriend would kill me if he found out i let you leave the house like that." rhys mentioned.

"he probably would, alright. leave in fifteen?" esmeray questioned.

"twenty." rhys bargained.

"twenty. see ya." esmeray ran up the stairs and went into the guest bedroom to change.

she put on a sweatshirt over her torso and pulled her hair back into a ponytail. after spraying perfume she went back downstairs and waited for rhys.

the two got into an uber together and made the drive to the restaurant. their was a ten minute wait, so the two stood in the hallway and waited.

when their table was ready, they followed the host and sat down across from each other. esmeray and rhys both scanned the menu, knowing that the would get the same thing.

"you brought rhys with you!" carol exclaimed as she approached the table.

"miss carol, i have missed you so much." rhys smiled, standing up to give her a hug.

"both want your usuals?" carol asked. the two nodded their heads and she went to go out the orders in.

"so, how was london?" esmeray asked.

"amazing. the food was great, the weather was meh, but the people and the sports made up for everything." rhys told her.

"they even had this, which i think you would love." rhys reached into his pocket and pulled out a small ring box.

"it's not an engagement ring, i promise. im leaving that up for jack, but just open it." he instructed.

esmeray slowly lifted off the top and looked at the ring sitting in the box.

"rhys..you didn't." esmeray said, tearing up.

"i did." he smiled.

"i love it." esmeray smiled, putting the ring on her finger. it was a small ring with her parents and her birthstone jewels on it. engraved on the inside was, "do not worry."

"rhys, i love you." esmeray cried.