The Sage Chapter 3

To those against the idea of Naruto dropping Uzumaki, I will think it as the story goes on because he will not be using Uchiha anytime soon. And I will not make it a Naru/Hina pairing so there is no need to worry.

Chapter 3 the revealed secret

Three years later

A forehead protector, it symbolizes that one is a shinobi of a village. Each shinobi village has its own Hitae-ate. Once one wears it, it shows where ones loyalties lie. Naruto held the forehead protector with his right hand. He had been given it after passing the academy exam. His passing was a surprise to everyone in his class, even the sensei's seemed surprised that he had passed. No one had thought that he was going to pass the exams. He was the dead-last after all. So it was expected for the dead-last to be the one that fails the exam that everyone passes. Naruto did enough to pass the exam. He did not have to fail since everyone his age was going to pass. He had already spent too much time in the academy, it was time to get out of the academy and become a shinobi.

It had been just a day now since 'he' got the forehead protector. The Sandaime had been pleased upon knowing that Naruto had succeeded in becoming a genin. Naruto saw it in the old man's eyes, the proud smile he had on his face. Anyone who had looked at the old man that day would have seen that he was truly happy. Naruto had never seen the old man give him a proud smile like that before.

Naruto had returned today from his training. His grandfather had told him to come back to the village and replace with the clone. It was no longer needed. They had planned to dispel it after the graduation. He had also told Naruto to return after he had done so.

In 6 days they would be meeting their sensei's. They were already assigned to their teams. Naruto was placed in team 7 along with Uchiha Sasuke and Haruno Sakura. They had said that Naruto was placed on the team to balance the scales. Sasuke and sakura were top students and Naruto was the dead-last, he made a perfect member of the team. They were not yet informed of their sensei's name. They would meet them in seven days at the academy.

Naruto placed the forehead protector on his forehead. He looked at himself and smiled at himself. It felt good to wear the forehead protector. Wearing it meant that he would have more things to do now. No longer would he be worried about training only, he would also have to place missions and team meetings into his daily activities.

Right now he needed to meet with his grandfather. Madara had made it clear that he came back to the hideout after dispelling the clone and taking the forehead protector. He did not want to make his grandfather wait any longer. He entered his bathroom and placed his hand on the floor next to his mirror. A seal appeared on the floor, Naruto bit his thump letting blood leak. He wiped the blood on the seal and then disappeared.

Unknown location

Madara held his Gunbai with both his hands. He looked at it remembering the good days when he was still at his prime. Remembering those days made him wish he was young again. He wanted to give the Gunbai to Naruto as a gift for becoming a shinobi. It would also prove useful in future battles. He had used it many times when he fought, thus he knew its value. He also wanted Naruto be like him, wielding a Gunbai made Naruto like him. He had succeeded in making Naruto think a lot like him though not completely.

Naruto looked at the war fan with an impassive gaze. His eyes were studying the war fan his grandfather held. It was wide with a tomoe on it and had a long handle with bandages wrapped around the base, and a chain attached to it. It had a purple tint with a black border.

''Take this it is my gift to you.'' Madara said

Naruto brought out both his bands accepting the Gunbai. It was a little large for him. He could not use it at his current height. ''Thank you Jiji!''