The Sage Chapter 12

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto

Chapter 12 Kiri Part 3

Somewhere at the outskirts of Konoha

The  war hawk of Konoha, Danzou Shimura sat comfortably on his throne. He  was inside his Root hidden bases. His loyal ANBU were kneeling before  him. They were presenting the old war hawk with the latest news on the  Jinchuriki of the Kyuubi. Ever since Naruto had made his appearance  known by attacking Orochimaru, he had sent his loyal Ne to get as much  information on the Kyuubi.

"Is this truly accurate?" Danzou asked in a monotone voice.

"Yes Danzou-sama," one of the men kneeling replied.

Danzou  frowned. The report was not what he was expecting. Naruto had become  far stronger than he had anticipated. It would make things difficult for  him to make the boy one of his agents. Looking at the report from  Naruto's battle in Kiri, Danzou could not help but deepen his frown. If  everything was indeed true, then the blond would become difficult to  control. He would only become a threat to his plans. He could not allow  that.

"Get me Koharu and Homura," he ordered. Without a word, the Root agents were gone.

Danzou smiled inwardly, now was the time to begin plotting.

Kiri

Heroes  are born and are men who have done good deeds for their home's. They  live to protect people they call their precious. It is highly unlikely  for one to become hero for another country in the shinobi world. Every  man fights for himself and every village for its own interest. Only a  few kind people are willing to fight for another village even if it is  not their jobs to do so. Those people fall in the category of real  heroes. Good deeds are done, but often not many are done because one  does them willingly or so because it is in their nature to do good  things. Many in the shinobi world simply do good things because it is  their job. Without doing ''good'' things they don't get paid, thus can't  afford a living.

Many ninja's, men and women alike, strive to  become heroes. Not every weak and ordinary men can become a hero. But a  strong and courageous man becomes a hero. So, many train hard, punishing  their bodies so that they can be strong enough to be heroes for their  villages. Heroes are admired at their homes for the good deeds that they  do. Often some shinobi train for power simply to protect what is  precious to them. That road also leads to one being a hero to those that  one is precious to. Children and aspiring ninja's take heroes as their  role models, shinobi's to surpass.

But to simply do good deeds for the fame is not a mark of a hero.

The  life of hero-ship is the life of sacrifices. Real heroes sacrifice  their strength, body and mind for those that are precious to them. Many  live as heroes, but often than not, some die as heroes. The life of a  real hero is paved with joy but most often heroes endure heavy mental  problems with the choices they have to make. Heroes sacrifice many. The  problem with sacrificing is when one starts to question. What to  sacrifice? What not to sacrifice? Regardless, even in the face of death,  heroes are always smiling because they are at peace with themselves.  They know that they have lived their life to protect what is precious to  them. The mark of a true hero is not to do good things for the fame it  brings.

Most heroes do things in the dark. Few know the fact that  they are heroes, many see them as criminals. Uchiha Itachi is a prime  example of this. He massacred his own clan for the sake of Konohagakure.  He killed his own clansman so that his village would not be caught in a  civil war that was to surely destroy the village. With his actions he  saved so many lives, yet at the same time took so many lives. The same  village he sacrificed for sees him as nothing more than a criminal and a  traitor. Regardless of that, his village is still standing, not  suffering or recovering from a civil a war because of his sacrifice.  This man is a true hero and a true shinobi. Many might not see him as  such, but as long he knows it within his heart, he has no problems with  how the world views him.