The Sage Chapter 13

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto

Just a Child who never knew what it meant to be loved by a mother

Happiness,  joy and overwhelming emotions ran around Naruto's body. They gave him a  feeling he never felt before. For the first time in years, Naruto  cried. His face had even forgotten the taste of tears. Tears had  forgotten which path they took whenever they departed from his eyes.  This was the first time Naruto cried in front of someone. The last time  he cried was because he had killed Madara. Regret and guilt had made him  unstable. Zetsu had seen him cry during that time. It was the first  time he had lost someone close to him. The fact that he had been  responsible for that loss made him cry.

This time he was crying.  But for different reasons. This time it was not because of guilt and  loss; it was because of pure bliss. His tears were out of happiness  other than sadness.

That was happening because of the woman who  was hugging him affectionately. He did not want to allow his tears to  come out when the woman appeared before him. He had tried all his best  to hold them back. But when she hugged him, he lost that ability to hold  back his tears. Her hug was flowing with motherly love, warmth and pure  happiness. All that Naruto could feel perfectly well. He could also  tell that the woman was overjoyed by seeing him. He had no doubt about  that. He could also feel her tears on his skin.

Hugging her was  unlike anything. Not that he had been hugged often. The warmth she gave  him was unlike any other. No one had given him the warmth she gave. She  was unique. He felt complete, at peace in her embrace. Naruto had never  thought, even in his wildest thoughts that a simple hug would course him  to experience the kind of emotions he was feeling. He was so proud at  being in control of his own emotions. He was not ashamed to boast at  being a master of his emotions. But here he was having lost control over  his emotions. The odd thing was that he felt that there was nothing  wrong with it.

Naruto hugged her firmly. Her whole body was  pressed against his. She did not complain though, she just allowed him  to do what he wanted.

Finally they separated from their embrace.  Naruto did not want to let go, but he settled for placing his hands on  her shoulders with a smile: A genuine smile. The woman was truly  beautiful. Perhaps this was the first time he had called a woman  beautiful. Her red hair only added to that beauty.

''Mother,'' he said his tone losing its impassiveness that it always carried.

''Musuko,''  the woman said in a tone filled with complete happiness and warmth.  ''You have grown quiet wonderfully Naruto,'' she said. ''Sit down with  me, will you?''

Naruto sat down obediently next to his  mother-Kushina Uzumaki. Perhaps Kushina was the person he held at a  higher regard than anyone else even though she was dead. Even more than  Madara. This was because she was his mother. She was the one who gave  birth to him. She had to mean more to him than anyone else.

''It's  wonderful to see you mother. I have always wanted to meet you,'' Naruto  stated rather happily. Now he was able to contain himself. But his  eternal expression of impassiveness was replaced by one of happiness.

''It's good to see you too, ya know!'' Kushina exclaimed happily.

Naruto smiled hearing the verbal tic. He used to do it before he met Madara. Now he knew where he got it from; his mother.

Kushina  smiled at her son. ''I won't ask anything about how you grew up. I know  everything given that I have been watching you from here,'' she said.

''But  I can gladly tell you more about your mother. I'm sure you must be  dying to know more about me,'' she said with a large smile.

Naruto gave a slight nod.