The Sage Chapter 11

I present to you...

Chapter 11: What Are You?

It  had been a week, a whole week and nothing was happening. Naruto was a  patient person. However, this was too much even for him. He had come to  test his strength, not sit around and listen to Mei or Yugao while they  speak. Naruto was getting tired of it. He had come to the village to  test his strength, not converse. Mei was also pushing him, pushing him  too far. Unless he got some action to release all the energy within, he  would soon be on the edge.

He was not going to wait for something  like to occur while he just stood. He did not care for what the Mizukage  was thinking or if Mei's forces were not ready for an all out war. He  could cripple any army on his own without help from anyone.

Sighing,  Naruto walked toward Mei's tent. He realized that he had been sighing a  lot lately. Boredom could drive anyone do anything. He hated having to  report to her of what he was going to do. It was like he was taking  orders from her, and Naruto hated taking orders from someone. Well when  he does go back to Konoha, he would have to swallow his pride, and take  orders from Tsunade. She was the Godaime Hokage and had authority over  each shinobi of the village. Still, he was not going to allow her to  boss him around or make him to staff he did not like just because she  was the Hokage.

Naruto did not bother to announce his presence  before getting inside the tent. He knew the woman would be inside  sitting on her chair. During day, she was always sitting there unless  she was doing something that could not be done inside her tent.

Mei  smiled brightly upon seeing Naruto. She was not alone in the office.  She had Ao, Choujuro and 3 other men in her company. They were probably  discussing battle strategies.

''Can't stay away from me?'' Mei stated with a teasing smile.

Naruto just shrugged and simply ignored the other occupants in the room. ''I'm going to force Yagura out,'' Naruto announced.

Mei raised a brow, ''What?''

''I'm going to force Yagura to come out. I have grown tired of waiting.'' Naruto replied turning away from Mei.

''We are not prepared to fight him now. Don't go doing something like!'' A man said sternly upon hearing Naruto's words.

''I  agree with Tamashi. We cannot afford to go in an all out war with  Yagura now. We still need some time to get more men and to formulate our  battle strategy.'' Ao said.

''You are speaking as if he can  actually force Yagura to fight us. We have tried that many times, when  we were still at our full strength. No offence, Mei-sama, but even your  presence in the battlefield could not force Yagura to come out.''  Another man stated with a snicker at Naruto.

Mei frowned. She did not tell them that Naruto stated that he could summon the Kyuubi. She did not want to get their hopes up.

''Don't  get involved if you are not strong enough. I did not even requests that  you come to fight when Yagura does show up. I was merely letting you  know what I was going to do.'' Naruto replied without even looking back  to the man.

''Who do you think you are here? You are not the boss,  Mei-sama is and nothings happens unless she says so!'' Ao said his  voice raised as he glared at Naruto's back.

Naruto continued on walking away without responding. It was not worth it to respond to Ao.

''Ao calm down,'' Mei said. ''Naruto can I speak with you for a moment?'' she said her voice now being serious.

Naruto  stopped walking inviting her to come and say what she wishes. Mei  walked up to Naruto and looked at him with a rather serious look. ''I  appreciate that you are trying to ''help'', but you can't come here and  undermine my authority. I don't want you doing anything that will put my  men at risk.'' she said.