The Sage Chapter 10

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of the characters in the story.

Chapter 10: Kiri Adventures Part 1

Often people do say that there is no such thing as coincident. Things concur because it was by fate or because they were meant to be. Such ideals have led people to take paths that prove to be damaging to them, paths that devour them. It amused Naruto, when people spoke of fate and all the other crap. People did not understand that one could manipulate and force things into going the way one wants them to. Without even taking an active role, one could manipulate things effectively so that one could achieve what he desires. People form ideals to set up their principles, a standard of living. But regardless of how masterful and strict the principles are, things can always go astray from the way one wants them to be depending on who is manipulating the events. Fate does not exist, but it is the choices and ideals we take that lead us to a belief of 'fate'-Amusing that some people blame their faults and miseries on such a belief as fate. If there was such thing as fate, one created his own fate.

To think that fate would have something to do with Naruto saving Yugao would be amusing. Naruto believed that there was such thing as coincident. It happened because he was on his way towards the Wave country and Yugao was heading back to the Fire country. Things like this happen, there was no one manipulating events. It was his choice to move towards the Wave the led to the encounter. The choices we make lead us to the path we take. What we come across in the journey that is life is dependent and influenced by our decisions.

So, was saving Yugao something fated to occur? No.

Yugao stirred up from inside a small boat that could only carry two passengers and the sailor. The sailor of this boat was a clone Naruto, though. Yugao groaned as she raised her head. The pain that had consumed her body had now faded away. Her head hurt though, and her mouth felt dry. She clutched her head shaking it as if there was something on it she wanted to shake away. She looked at her hands and saw that they were bandaged; most of her body was bandaged. As far as she could remember, her body had been covered with wounds and blood. She peaked inside her shirt and saw that she was also bandaged. She did not recognize the shirt she was wearing. That realization dawned on her alarming her. Her heart began to bit a faster rate than normal. Her mind began to compute scenarios' she could find herself in. She remembered that she had been running away to save her life after her team had been ambushed. The mission had been one she would never hope to recall. Her comrades had sacrificed themselves for her to live. That was why she was running for her life when she passed out due to chakra exhaustion and the pain that reigned over her entire body.

With thoughts that her pursuers might have captured her, she tensed and hurried to look up frantically at her surroundings. There was just water around her, a lot of water. She saw that she was inside of a boat. Her heart began to race a marathon as thoughts of being kidnapped and sold into another country to be a sex worker, maybe a slave for some fat rich man. Those kinds of thoughts ran rampant within her head. They were what she could think about given her situation and the fact that she was a woman. Women were being continuously kidnapped and sold to other countries to work as sex slaves. That could be the worst thing to happen to her. She certainly hoped that it was not something like that. Given that thought, she had a sense of hope creeping inside of her heart.

Naruto found the situation amusing, Seeing Yugao looking around frantically. She was obviously fearing the worst or imagining the worst. Well it would not be surprising though, given what the shinobi world had become. The strong devoured the weak. Women were seen as nothing but symbols of sex. Seeds of betrayals lay around everywhere. It was what the shinobi world had become. The shinobi world was a grim nightmare for the weak that had no one to protect them.