Chapter Fifteen: The Regret

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶MACKENNA

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶
MACKENNA

DO YOU EVER WISH YOU could go back in time and change what you've just done? Because I do. I spoke too soon. I acted too quickly without considering the repercussions, and now I'm going to pay the price. I just realized I gave Ryder the wrong signal after kissing him. By allowing him to kiss me, I was just signaling to him that I could have the same feelings for him as he has for me.

I hate the fact that I allowed my emotions to take over and did something I will later regret. Worse, when kissing him, I can't stop thinking about Scout!

Para akong masusuka dahil sa tumatakbo sa isip ko. Pakiramdam ko ang sama-sama kong tao dahil sa ginawa ko. Ryder doesn't deserve that half-assed kiss. And definitely, doesn't deserve me.

"Kens?" someone said, before snapping their fingers in front of my face. "Earth to Mackenna Evans?"

"S-sorry," I apologized to Savanna while fiddling with my fingers nervously. Nakalimutan kong magkasama kami ngayon.

Bahagyang kumunot 'yung noo niya habang nakatingin sa'kin. "What's up with you today? Did something happen?"

Mabilis akong umiwas ng tingin bago umiling. "These are super cute!" pag-iiba ko ng usapan, pero mukhang walang plano si Sav na hindi malaman kung ano 'yung bumabagabag sa'kin.

"Tell me what's bothering you." utos niya pero nag kunwari akong walang narinig at nagpatuloy lang ako sa pagtingin ng mga baby clothes na inaayos namin. Dinala ko kasi 'yung ibang pinamili namin kahapon ngayon para maiayos at maitago namin sa box niya na nandito sa bahay nila.

Savanna suddenly snatched the newborn onesie that I was holding.

"Spill. I'm listening."

"Ayaw. Wala naman akong sasabihin."

"Did you forget that I'm your sister? Alam ko kapag may gumugulo diyan sa isip mo, Kenna. Kaya sabihin mo na sa'kin."

I forgot that Savanna is like a psychic. She could always tell when something was bothering me. She often compares me to an open book that she can readily read. If I can read Savanna's emotions by her facial expressions, well, she can easily read mine simply by looking at me. 'Yong tipong kahit nakatulala at wala naman akong ginagawa, malalaman at malalaman pa rin niya kapag may problema ako sa isang tinginan lang.

Savanna is like a mother to me—well, she'll be a mother soon, but she's like a mother, a sister, and a best friend to me.

To me, she is everything.

"I understand if you're hesitating on trusting me compared to before, but I just want you to know that I'm here and ready to listen to you. Kahit hindi ka humingi ng payo sa'kin dahil alam ko namang mas alam mo kung ano ang tama." She paused and reached for my hand, gently squeezing it. "But I'm always willing to lend an ear and listen to your rants and problems all day."