Chapter 1: Lost in my past

Before I start with the whole 'life story' stuff,
my life...is an unfortunate one. You see, in my head, my past is extremely different than what it was. I dreamed my Mom was a better mom and than what she was, I dreamed my Father was proud of me, and cared about what I did. However, my parents weren't empathetic at all, my mom wasn't the best mom ever, and my father barely payed any attention to me. I had always felt like a failure, a burden, to the both of them, and I envied my brother more than everything, because it had seemed he got the most attention from my father. All I had wanted...was to be proud of for once...

Just once.

All I heard....loud yelling, back and forth, arguing, never ending.....I missed our family being an actual normal family, even if I was only eight years old, I knew whatever was happening wasn't normal...

Does anything even last.....? The question that's been stuck in my head my whole childhood and adolescence, Why doesn't anything seem to last in my life..? Why..?

I barely get to see my dad these days, he's always doing business and my brother is usually with my aunt, she's lived here in Japan for a long time. It's one of the reasons my dad moved here, so we can see our aunt more. I've been going to a separate hero school, this one is much smaller, and classes are much smaller than UA, but I've decided to transfer to UA to maybe get my name out there a little more. My teacher recommended I'd should rather be at UA because of my amazing improvement with my quirks and my current level. So that's what i'm gonna do. I watched last year's sports festival and found some of the students quirks there pretty cool. I honestly was taking notes knowing me, it could be an advantage knowing how they're quirks operate.

But today is the day I move into the dorms. I'm hoping I won't be entirely lonely here, I don't usually make much friends, maybe it's because I never really try to. "AIKOOOOOO! I can't believe my niece is going to UA! I'm so proud of you!" She yelled as she wiped tears away. I could tell she was going to be worried for me too, since being a hero is a risk, but that's the point, saving people risking your life. It was a Sunday afternoon, I took my bags and put them in my aunt's car. As I got in the car I got a text from my friend Aya. I had met her at my old hero school. She can be a bit hyper sometimes but she's a good friend overall.
"OMG Len! You didn't tell me you were going to be in class 1-A! I saw them on tv! They're definitely a interesting class!" I replied back. "Lol I'm gonna be so bored without you! Wish you could come here too!" "Btw I heard Hana might be transferring to UA soon " Hana? I hope she isn't in class 1-A, there's already enough with me here. She's a real try-hard, she thinks everybody is supposed to just praise her.
"I really hope not.." i replied. As soon as I knew it I was at the UA dorms. It was pretty big. "Alright! I'm heading off now! Love you auntie!" "Bye Aiko! Oh and make sure to call me and tell me how's it going!" "Ok will do!" She then drove off. I'm finally here.... UA.