Chapter 8: Unfathomable Circumstances

Day 4

I've been keeping in touch with my best friend Aya back at my old school. I heard Hana actually decided to transfer to UA, bad enough, be in the same class as me. I saw her back at the dorms, she saw me and waved at me as if WE were actually friends.

As if I thought anything could get worse...

It did.

"Alright class, we have another new student." Mr. Aizawa explained.

She was standing in front of the class, her purple, amethyst eyes, staring confidently. Her black, straight hair, down her back, and bangs in front of her forehead.

"Tell the class your name." Mr. Aizawa insisted.

"My name is Hana Teniko, I hope I can become friends with all of you!" She bubbled.

"Hm 'with all of you' huh?" I mumbled to myself.

"My quirk is answer, I can read any person's mind to find an answer to any question I ask them." She babbled.

Yeah, and she definitely tried to use it on me before.

After she was finally done talking, she sat down at her desk.

Kurayami looked at me, I believe he noticed I was a bit bothered by her being there. I didn't tell him about her yet, because I wasn't even sure she was coming, but hey, she's here, and there's nothing I can do about it.

I noticed Hana looking at Kurayami, then looking back at me.

"Who's that guy beside you? You're friends with HIM?" She asked, surprised.

"Yeah....and what is that supposed to mean?" I asked sarcastically.

"Oh'! No reason!" She dismissed.

I brushed it off and just continued to listen to the teacher.

____________________________

                         Later that day

I was walking to get to lunch period, but then I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was Kura.

"Hey, Len? Do you know that new girl? It seems like you kinda did, I mean you weren't too happy to see her, huh?" He asked.

"Unfortunately, yes. I do know her. She used to be in my class at my old hero school, and she was always trying to compete with me. At everything. I have a feeling the main reason she probably came here was to, well....make my life a living nightmare." I said tensely.

"Oh.." Kura said staggered.

"Hey, just don't overthink it, you have control of your life, not her." Kurayami consoled.

"Yeah...you're right..." I agreed.

I arrived at the lunchroom, with sounds of laughing, talking, and the sight of food everywhere on the tables. After we got our lunch, we were going to go sit with Kirishima, Bakugou, and the others until I felt two taps on my shoulder. I turned around to see whoever just tapped me, just to see Hana looking super joyful at us.

"Hey, you guys! Do you mind if we can sit together?" She asked enthusiastically.

I'm not sure why she wants to sit with us, but it's not like I care if she does or not, it's just I don't know what her exact intentions are.