Chapter 10: "My worst fear is the sight of blue roses"

(Kurayami's POV)

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·..·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·..·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Did you know, that blue roses represent true love, but also unrequited love? Well, what this means to me is the fear of having feelings for someone, so strong, but you feel as if that person doesn't feel the same way at all. All of those strong feelings you feel, they don't feel for you. All of the love you have for them, they don't have for you. My worst fear is the sight of blue roses, whenever I am reminded of them, I am reminded of her. I'm reminded of the constant belief that she does not feel the same.

Yes, I know that I may be wrong, but there is no way of knowing how she really feels sometimes. I like to think I know what's going on in her mind, but I don't. She's the only person I can never read.

But what do I know? Nothing. I know absolutely nothing about 'being in love'. I have no one else to ramble to about her except Kentaro. He's probably sick of me at this point, but he still listens. Although, if my father were to find out about this, he'd be scolding me to death, probably saying something like...' You're already much of a disappointment, and you are chasing a girl? Do something worthwhile with your life, Inoue...' I can tell he's mad when he starts using my surname. Although, sometimes...no every day, I miss... my mom. Compared to my father, she was way kinder, empathetic, and caring...like an angel sent from heaven. But I guess it was her time, to be sent back up there, instead of the living hell she had to endure all those years with my father. But why? Why did she have to die such a brutal death? She never deserved any of it! It should have been me!

Living the life people call 'luxury' has never been for me. I wish I had been born someone different, I hate this life as much as I hate myself, but at the end of the day, there isn't much I can do about it right now. When I start college, I'm getting my own house. Then, after that, I will start thinking about how I will leave this whole cooperation behind. If I could describe it with one word, I'd say it's almost like a cult. No one is allowed to speak about the undercover activities with anyone uninvolved. It seems like a typical workplace from the outside, and what they show to outsiders inside, but the building has many hidden underground rooms and concealed rooms on surface levels. Think of perhaps...a painting, and if you push on it or open it, you will see a screen with a code in order to unlock it. Only higher-ranked officials have access to those rooms. Any workers below that aren't allowed to have access. If you are wondering, I only have access since 'I am' the Boss's son. Naturally, I have 'some' orders over the workers, like I have assistants.

I'm hoping my father doesn't make things even for the both of us. I'm 95% sure he's probably going to try to get her to work there, but I'm positive that she'd say no. I only lied to her because she'd change her mind if that was the case...

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

I don't think either of us has said a word to each other since her friend left. Lenaiko ended up taking out her phone is texting what I believe was her brother. I decided to say something, even if I probably just now suddenly thought of it, I thought it would be nice to relax for a while.

"Wanna go to the Kessho oceanfront with me?" I asked.

Lenaiko stopped mid-typing to respond. I saw her eyes sparkle a little, with a sense of fascination.

"I've never...been there before."

"I go there often, watching the waves...it's just something calming for me." I specified.

"Sure." She replied.

★・・・・・・★ °:. *₊ ° . ° .• ★・・・・・★