Chapter 9: An Unexpected Meeting

Friday, 7:10 PM

"He invited you to his dad's....corporate event?!!" Aya gasped.

We were at our favorite coffee shop, Aya has been bit busy lately so we haven't been able to really talk much, plus I haven't seen her in person in days.

Same plum colored hair, peach eyes, and very enthusiastic as always, though me and her are polar opposites, she's like family to me.

Aya's quirk is Techno-Possession. She can transform into a gelatinous form and enter into any electronic and machine to take control of it.

"Well, yeah. Not that it's a big deal or anything, he said that it's mostly just business and stuff, to put it short, it's going to be boring I guess."

"Why did he invite you?" Aya asked, curious.

"He mentioned its because his dad wanted to see me, I guess."

"Yeah, but don't you think it's kind of weird?"

"Now that you mention it, I do kind of find this all weird, but it could just be us overthinking everything, I doubt there is something else at play here, right?"

Aya looked at me with hesitation, I could see it in her face she was starting to be concerned, the more she thought about everything.

But even with this hesitation, she still took my word for it.

"Yeah, your probably right, hehe.." Aya agreed, with a slight chuckle.

I noticed Aya kept looking out of window by our booth, she looked confused.

"Aya, are you okay? You keep looking out of the window..." I asked concerned.

"Oh! Sorry I thought I saw something, probably just my mind playing tricks on me."

"Oh ok..."

Silence fell.

Something was telling me to kill the silence, and say something, but I couldn't. Instead I stayed quiet..

But something disturbed this weird silence between us, when someone walked in the coffee shop. It's usually not very crowded and mostly empty at this time, which is why we mostly come here at this time of the day, so it's rare for someone to walk in here. I didn't turn around to see who came in but then I heard a familiar voice telling the barista his order.

"Can I have a latte?"

"Kura?"

His familiar soft, but deep voice 

I quickly turned around to see him. He was wearing a long black sleeved turtleneck with denim jeans along with a belt attached. I honestly was surprised to even see him here, since I didn't know he came to this coffee shop, plus at the same time we're here.

"Oh that's him?" Aya realized.

"What is he doing here?" I said confused.

"Waitttt, he's actually kinda cute, are you sure you guys aren't dating?" Aya said jokingly.

"Huh?! No!" I denied.