Ladies' Night Out

Katie couldn't help but laugh at Finn as she gleefully paid for the round of shots at the bar and then somehow managed to carry all five glasses over to the table where they were sitting with Alicia, Angelina and Haley without spilling anything.

She had to admit she was glad that Finn suggested a night out with their friends that weekend. It was a good way to let off some steam and push aside the growing guilt over keeping secrets from her. Seemed Finn needed it as well with her mother's visit growing closer.

"So, how long before Mother Dearest lands?" Haley asked as she reached for her shot.

"No. Uh-uh. We're not ruining tonight by talking about her," Finn snapped.

"Fine," Haley said as she looked around the bar. "You'd think there would at least be some good options out tonight."

Katie chuckled as she shook her head.

"Not that we need a lot. Those two are already taken," Finn said, looking over to Angelina and Alicia. "What is it your fiance does again?"

"Owns a joke shop," Angelina said quickly. "And hers is a radio announcer."

"That's so random... who even goes to joke shops anymore," Haley replied, looking over at the two. Angelina just shrugged.

"It does surprisingly well," she said. "And as long as he leaves his experiments at the shop and doesn't bring them home, I'm happy."

Katie laughed to herself, knowing that Angelina and George had had more than one argument about that very thing. He was always convinced she would never know when he worked on things at home, but then usually ended up blowing something up. He would never learn.

"So... do you two know this mysterious Oliver that has Finn going red in the face whenever his name comes up?" Haley then asked, a smirk on her face.

On cue, Finn's cheeks started turning red as she frowned at her best friend.

"Seriously, Haley!?" she shouted, the edges of her lips starting to twitch as though she couldn't decide if she wanted to smile or frown.

"We all go way back. Went to school together," Alicia said, a conspiratorial grin on her face as she leaned towards Haley. "And he did seem rather taken with Finn at the party..."

"Apparently not taken enough. I haven't heard from him since then. Didn't even get his number," Finn grumbled slightly.

Both Alicia and Angelina looked over to Katie with surprised expressions. For her part, Katie was looking down at her beer glass. Couldn't very well explain the truth to them with Finn and Haley sitting there.

He had asked after Finn several times over the previous weeks. And Katie had avoided dealing with it, giving him vague replies about what Finn was up to. She was still a bit stuck on deciding if it was a good idea or not. Just being friends was fine and all. But if things were to get serious, that would create all sorts of complications that Katie wasn't completely sure that Oliver understood or was ready for.

"He's been really busy," Katie said, looking up as Alicia raised an eyebrow at her, clearly knowing there was far more to that story. "But... maybe we could all hang out again soon when he's not so busy..."

"God, no. I don't think I can see him again," Finn lamented as Haley laughed at her.

"It's the first bloke that you've shown an interest in since the douchebag. Meet him again," Haley said, pushing Finn slightly. "If anything, maybe you'll at the least get a good shag out of it and god knows how long it's been since you've had that."

Angelina nearly spit out her drink, she was laughing so hard. Alicia was also grinning slightly as Katie shook her head. While handsome and a famous quidditch player, Oliver was not the one-night sort of guy. Far from it, in fact. He tended to either be single for long periods of time or in long-term relationships. It was all or nothing with him.