Acceptance

Three Years Later

Finn jumped to her feet, cheering loudly along with the rest of the crowd, a wide grin on her face.

"Alright, we get it. You're snogging Oliver Wood. Sit down," George shouted from behind her. Finn glanced over her shoulder and winked at him.

"Don't you forget it," she replied as she sat down next to Katie, who was laughing at her, and adjusted the Puddlemere jersey that she was wearing.

It had taken some time, but she finally was able to start coming to games.

Granted that had only happened because some Prophet photographer happened to be muggleborn and caught the couple out on a date in muggle London. He snapped a photo and it had run in the paper the next day - despite the fact it was muggle - with the headline "Star Keeper Dating Muggle Reporter."

Oliver was, of course, mortified and angry that someone would follow them in the muggle world and apologized about a million times. Finn had found it hilarious, though she was a bit put out that they called her a reporter. She was now officially an assistant editor (rather than assistant to the editor) at the magazine and set to take over the section once the current editor retired in a year.

This then led to the two being called into the Ministry. Both were terrified this meant Finn was going to be obliviated, but whatever Oliver had said to them must have convinced them that Finn wasn't going to tell anyone because the next thing she knew, he told her everything was fine and that she could finally come to quidditch matches.

She had been to just about every match that she could ever since. And it turned out while she had hated just about every other sport, she actually enjoyed quidditch and picked up the game's rules fairly quickly.

Which was more than Haley could say.

"Still don't understand this game," Haley replied from the other side of Finn.

"Do I need to explain it again?" Charlie asked, chuckling at the perplexed look on her face.

"You can try, but I don't think I'll get it any better," Haley replied before taking a sip of her beer. "Honestly, dragons were easier to understand than this."

Finn looked over at Katie, the two rolling their eyes slightly. Haley had run screaming like a banshee (which Finn now knew were also real) the first time Charlie had taken her to the reserve. It had taken another few months before she would even agree to go back.

Thankfully the second-oldest Weasley was just as patient with women as he was with dragons. He had finally gotten her to a point where she wasn't terrified of them, though she still kept her distance despite the fact they lived on the reserve.

In true Haley fashion - or perhaps it was a bit of both Haley and Charlie, as Finn was learning about him - about nine months after the two started dating they had shown up and announced that they had eloped, nearly giving Mrs. Weasley a coronary.

Though it had nothing to do with the fact that Haley was muggle and more to do with the fact that she had been denied another wedding to plan despite the fact that she had planned them for her other five children. Charlie's excuse was that he wanted to give her a break - she was already looking at Ron and then Ginny's weddings at the time. But Finn, Katie and Angelina knew it had more to do with the fact that neither Charlie nor Haley were sure they'd survive it. And really, with six children, Mrs. Weasley had her hands full. Angelina was expecting as was Percy's wife from what Finn had gleaned from the family gossip that Angelina and George never seemed to run out of.

Finn turned her attention back to the match, and whistled as Oliver blocked another shot effortlessly.

"Davies is losing his touch," George said from behind them as he leaned forward. Finn glanced over at Katie, who just laughed and shook her head.