Confrontation

Katie sighed as she finished packing up her bag. The match had gone on far longer than expected with far more injuries than expected. At the moment, all she could think about was getting home and taking a long hot shower. Or better yet, soaking in the tub with a glass of wine. Yes, that was exactly what she needed, she thought as she slung her bag over her shoulder and took one more look around the clinic to make sure she hadn't left anything undone.

Satisfied, she walked out, turning the lights off as she left, though she couldn't help but grimace as she thought about how much longer it would take her to get home. Plus the floos were on the other side of the stadium. She stopped for a moment, glancing down the hallway to the apparition point that all the players and staff used.

No, she needed to go home her regular way. That was the deal she made with herself when she moved in with Finn. No popping in and out of the flat. She started walking again, but stopped, remembering that Finn said something about having plans that night. She glanced at her watch. It was still relatively early for a Friday. She would likely still be out. Glancing down the hallway again, she sighed and turned.

"Just this once," she thought to herself. "And I'll just apparate to the alley near the house..."

She stepped up to the point and pulled her wand out, then closed her eyes, thinking of the alley. But at the last second, the living room popped in her head. It was too late. She had already disappeared. When Katie opened her eyes, she was standing in the middle of the flat, slightly terrified that she had screwed up.

Merlin, she hadn't intended to apparate here.

Taylor was sitting on the sofa in front of her wide-eyed. Katie gulped slightly. Please, for the love of all things holy, let Finn be in another room, she prayed silently.

There was a crash, telling Katie that Finn - or someone - was not in the other room and had, in fact, seen her pop up in the living room, seemingly out of thin air.

Slowly, Katie turned, seeing a pale-faced Finn staring at her, her mouth open, as two glasses of wine lay broken on the wood floor at her feet. Katie looked back at Taylor and then over at Finn. Shit. How did she explain this?

"You were... where did you... how did... what the hell," Finn managed to say, still not moving.

"I, ehm..."

"She came in while you were in the kitchen. You just didn't hear the door," Taylor said quickly, jumping to his feet.

"No. No. I clearly saw her just... pop out of nowhere," Finn said, still staring at Katie. She didn't appear to be afraid, which Katie would take as a positive for now. "Is that... what the hell are you holding?" Katie looked down at her wand in her hand and then back up at Finn. "And what the hell are you wearing? Is that a robe?"

Katie opened and shut her mouth a few times, completely blanking on what she should say.

"I think... you've had a bit to drink," Taylor continued saying.

"I am not drunk, Taylor. I've had one glass," Finn shouted. "But I'm seriously wondering if something is wrong with me. Because I swear I just saw my roommate appear out of thin air in my fucking living room."

"Nothing's wrong with you," Katie finally said, taking a few steps towards.

"Katie-"

"No, I have to tell her," Katie said, looking over at him. He grimaced and turned away rubbing his face.

"Tell me what?" Finn asked. Katie looked back at her and took a deep breath.

"There's something that... well, I've been keeping from you," she started.