Chapter seven

Athena POV: 

The horses pull our chariot across the concrete toward the loop at the end of the track. One by one we flow out. The sound of horse hooves hitting the ground is metallic like. The light is blinding at first but my eyes soon adjust to them. The cross cheer is so loud I hear it in the deepest parts of my head. Smiling and waving. Waving and smiling. The crowd seems to love us. We reach the loop in front of President Snow's podium and stop.

"Welcome, welcome, to the 73rd annual Hunger Games!" President Snow exclaims, his loud voice booming over the crowds of cheering people. I look back for a second and spot the girl from 7. She is already looking at me and we make eye contact for a second. She smiles and I turn back around. Snow gives a speech on the Games then were whisked back to the dark. One we get backstage again we exit our chariots and head for the elevators. Enobaria, Wade, Lillian, the boy from 4, Felix, and I walk over to the elevators. I try to get in a different elevator than Wadebt I end up getting stuck with Felix, Enobaria, and Wade. I stand in the corner while Felix on my left and Enobaria on my right. Felix attempts to sling an arm around my shoulder but I shake it off and roll my eyes at him. Wade looks pissed. Well, he always looks pissy but extra right now.

"You look hot," Felix flashes his stupid grin.

"Fuck off," I smack him in the stomach with the back of my hand.

"Chill, it's a complement," Felix whispers in my ear. Enobaria chuckles and I shoot her a cold glare. Wade's hands are balled into fists and he's gritting his teeth.

"What's your problem?" I ask him. He glares hard at Felix but doesn't say anything. We reach the District 1 floor and Felix gets off. Wade seems happier once Felix is gone. We reach the District 2 floor and all get off. Just as I'm leaving Enobaria whispers to me,

"Someones jealous."

"Please," I roll my eyes at her and walk to my room. When I reach my room I take off the dress and lay it on my bed, necklace next to it. The bathroom is big with a very nice shower. I turn the water on and let it run for a while before I hop in. So many soaps are available for my use. Different scents and textures. I use as many as I can because I love sweet scented things. Once I rinse the makeup from my face and glitter from my hair I get out of the shower and wrap a grey towel under my armpits and tuck it in carefully so it will stay. I use another towel to dry my hair. After I'm pretty much completely dry I open the bathroom door and step into my room.

"WHAT THE FUCK! GET. OUT. NOW!" I scream. Wade grins and get up from his sitting position on my bed.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask, fuming.

"I just hoped to talk to you. Now's not a good time?" He asks, sounding innocent.

"NO. Now is NOT a good time. So please, GET THE FUCK OUT," I yell one last time before he walks out the door, closing it behind him. What a prick. I think. I change into black tights and a grey shirt before leaving my room for dinner. When I reach the table everyone is sitting down with plates of food.

"Ah, look who decided to show up," Brutus chuckles. I roll my eyes at him and sit next to Enobaria. I don't talk during dinner. As soon as it's over I leave for my room. I brush my teeth and hair then change into a long t-shirt to sleep in. As I'm about to turn off the light a knock at my door stops me.

"What now?" I ask.

"I just want to talk." Wade's voice comes from the other side of the door.

"Ok fine," I roll my eyes as he comes into my room. "About what?"

"Career pack," He shrugs and sits on the end of my bed.

"I want the girl from 1 and maybe the boy from 4." I pause, "and the boy from 1."

"Ok, the girl from 1 and boy from 4 is good but I hate the boy from 1," Wade crosses his arms.

"Why?" I ask.

"I don't know," He shrugs. "He seems like a weird guy."

"Pfft, really? You think he is a weird guy?" I chuckle.

"Yeah, I do," He glares at me. I think for a minute about other people who I may want in the careers this year.

"And if the girl from 7 gets a good training score, I want her," I add.

"Why?" Wade looks at me quizzically.

"Because," Is all I say. "Now get out and let me sleep." I allow myself a small smile.

"Alright," He smiles back and gets up, walking towards the door he pauses. "Have a good sleep."

"Mhm," I murmur.