Chapter 28

Oakley POV:

When I wake up my feet are wet. Why are they wet? I open my eyes. During the storm last night the stream must have flooded coming all the way up into the cave. I panic for a second and turn to wake Felix but he's gone. A wave of panic washes over me but it quickly fades when I see his blonde curls poke up from under the water. I chuckle and walk to the edge of the stream.

"Enjoying yourself there?" I smile at him. He emerges from the water wearing only his pants. He wears a huge smile on your face. He walks up to me and wraps his soggy arms around me. I freeze up trying to avoid getting wet.

"I am very much enjoying myself."

"Ok, good for you. Now release me before I get soaked."

"Ok." He scoops me up and carries me into the water. I sooch up his arms higher to avoid getting wet.

"Put. Me. Down." I give him a look. He smiles even wider.

"Ok." He then releases his arms from under me and before I know it I hit the cold water. I come up and shriek, whipping the water from my eyes.

"You little bitch." I laugh and lunge at him. I threw myself at him and we're shoved underwater. Felix is much stronger than me so he quickly pulls us to the surface. He holds me in the air before dropping me again. I resurface and immerse myself in giggles. I wrap my arms around him. The waters only up to our waists. Well my waist.

"I just realised something." Felix's voice is light, and kinda sad sounding.

"Ya? What's that?" I look up into his eyes.

"Only one of us is going to leave alive."

"Yeah. I hope it's you. You deserve it. You've been training your whole life for this." I smile.

"Well it wouldn't be the same knowing you're dead." Felix looks down at our linked hands.

"I'd be ok. I'll make the sun sets extra pretty just for you." I feel a tear roll down my cheek.

"Hey, Don't cry." He wipes the tear with his thumb then presses his lips to mine. His kiss is soft and sweet.

"I love you." I smile up at him.

"I love you too." He smiles.

"Good, but I'm freezing, let's get out of here."

"Yes." We climb out of the water and wrap our sleeping bags around us. We quickly dry off the best that we can and then separate to find some food in the forest.

****

"Felix!" I yell into the forest, an hour ago we separated to find food. I'm on my way back to our cave.

"Oakley!?" his voice answers, it's distant though.

"Felix!" I smile and yell again.

"Oakley!" His voice is slightly louder now.

"Felix!" I yell again. My heart flutters.

"Oakley!" I can hear the smirk on his face. Just as he yells that I'm knocked over. I land on my back hard. My head throbs. I open my eyes to see the face of the boy from 8.

"FELIX!!" I scream and throw my body weight over and up so I roll on top of him. I jump off of him and run as fast as I can in the general direction of the cave. I can hear his footsteps behind me.

"FELIX!!" I scream again.

"OAKLEY!!" His voice is much louder now. Another person jumps out of the bushes in front of me, Hudson, at first I'm thankful, he can help me with the person gaining on me. The boy from 8 stops behind me.