Chapter 18

Oakley POV:

I woke up relatively late today. 10:30 to be exact. The sun is high in the sky now and I can hear people talking outside my door.

"Should we wake her?"

"I don't know."

"I think we should. She has to get ready.".

"Ya but it was a big day yesterday, she's probably exhausted."

"But it's a big day today that she has to prepare for."

"True. Why don't we give her thirty more minutes?"

"No. That's too long."

"Really guys?! I'm up!" I yell at them.

"Ahh!" One of the voices calls. Most definitely Annabeth.

"Are you guys going to come in or just gonna stand there?" I ask them.

Alliby opens my door and they all walk in. "Why do you need me up?"

"You have to be ready for the games at one. And you were still asleep." Alliby smiles.

"Well good thing I woke up." I climb out of bed. "May I have some breakfast?"

"Of course! Then we'll get going!" Annabeth smiles. She claps her hands and an Avox

walks up. "Get her breakfast! A.S.A.P!" the Avox nods.

"Thank you!" I call after her. The Avox returns shortly with a tray of food. She sets it

next to me and I engross myself with a croissant and many other foods. I finish breakfast quickly. The Avox takes the tray away and then I climb out of bed.

"Ok!" Alliby conducts. "Did you shower last night?" I nod.

"Ya. My face was incredibly itchy." I chuckle. Johanna nods.

"God putting makeup on as a tribute was the worst."

"I know right!" I exclaim.

"Ok then. So that means we have less work to do. We are just going to have to Do your hair and get you dressed which means you can rest for a while. But I suggest doing something."

"Right. I will get dressed then decide."
"Alright. We'll leave you be." Annabeth smiles.

They leave my room and I find myself alone. I pace my room for a bit before getting dressed. I dress in a pair of cargo pants and a green top. Then I leave my room and walk out into the common room. I check the clock. Which reads 11:45. I have over an hour. I sit down on the couch and turn on the t.v. I don't even watch it. I just stare out the window and listen to the capitol people scream and party.

****

Alliby sits beside me on the hovercraft and Hudson's on my left with his stylist Harathinan. I see Felix sneaking looks at me and smile when we make eye contact. A doctor walks around with a huge needle in hand. She walks to each tribute and injects them with their tracker. The boy from 6 cries when he's injected. I hand the lady my arm and wince when the needle is shoved under my skin. She pulls it out and the tracker beeps. She moves to the next tribute. The hovercraft slows down from what I can tell and slowly lowers down to the ground. We're here. I sigh.

"Ready?" Alliby asks.

"Not at all." I smile slightly at him.

"You'll do great. Even though I can't send you any fashion statements. I'm positive you'll do great." He gives me a wink and we leave the hovercraft. Were escorted by PeaceKeepers to a room somewhere under the arena. They close the door and I take a look around. The room is a basic tan colour and has black tiles on the floor. There's a big glass cylinder in the middle of the room. My eyes follow Alliby as he walks over to my tribute outfit. A pair of black hiking boots and cargo pants, a green long sleeved shirt and a black raincoat. I dress and say my goodbyes to Alliby.