Accidents Happen*OLD

[1ST PERSON POV]

I was in a call with Zoe and Tyler, we were gossiping about anything and everything. "So Y/N, what is life with two new rowdy siblings?" Tyler snickered, "Rowdy doesn't justify it" I giggled. "Speaking of rowdy siblings, you excited to leave them in just a short 3 years?" Zoe asked. Oh man, college. "We're not even done with our sophmore year and you're thinking about college already?" I asked Zoe, she always seemed so excited to leave Green Hills and go to college, Tyler not so much but he did want to go to college. While I did want to go to college, I was super scared of leaving my new family, my brothers, my parents, Ozzy, my hometown, everyone. "Sooo?" Zoe asked once more, expecting an answer this time. "I don't really know yet, at first when I was an only child I was longing to leave Green Hills but now that I'm the oldest sibling out of three I feel compelled to stay and watch them grow up and protect them" man I sounded like an overprotective dad.

"C'mon, you always wanted to go to--" Zoe started but I just hang up immediately. While I did want to get a degree, I didn't want to leave my family just yet. I ran my fingers through my hair and groaned, Zoe and Tyler started blowing up our groupchat asking why I left. I just muted the groupchat and turned off my phone, just staring at a painting of my parents and brothers' handprints with mine being the third from the top, it went in order from oldest to youngest, Tails being last of course. I thought back to that day, mom had the brilliant idea to since she saw it on Pinterest and Facebook, Sonic was complaining about being the second to the last since Knuckles acted older than him yet was the same age. We all made seperate ones for each of us, all I know is that IF I do leave for college, I'm bringing that with me

I heard a knock on the door, dragging me out of my reminiscing, "Come in!" I called, Knuckles, Tails and Sonic creaked open the door, they all had guilty looks on them. "Oh man, what did you three do now?" I asked them exasperatedly, Tails was the first one to meekly step forward, Knuckles and Sonic following behind him. "So uh...y'know your memories photobook?" Tails asked, though he already knew the answer. "Yeah..." I said reluctantly, a little context: my memories book has photos of all the important people in my life- my old orphanage buds, my old friends from elementary, everyone. It also had important moments like birthday parties or passing a major test.

"Well uh, we may have accidentally dropped it in the bathtub while giving Ozzy a shower" Sonic slowly showed me the soaked photobook, it was still dripping in water and had splotches of bubbles on it too. I slowly grabbed the book, sheer horror on my face. "Why was it in the bathroom?" I asked them, my voice wasn't serious or angry but it definitely did intimidate them. "We were showing Ozzy pictures of him when he was a puppy, and we were looking at pictures of the family..." Tails scratched his head and flicked his left ear once, that was his body-language saying he's either really scared or super guilty.

I wasn't mad, at least I don't think I was, I couldn't tell my exact emotion in that moment, I opened the photobook slowly and saw some of the picture's ink dragging, mixing, and dripping down. I flipped through the pages and saw all the pictures were ruined, fishing trips, old friends, birthday parties, my adoption day, Tails' inventions- everything. "We apologize dear sibling, we did not mean to" Knuckles finally spoke, even though he was a super tough echidna he still looked very guilty and probably felt that way too.

"It's fine" I sniffled, normally I would've comforted them knowing that they didn't upset me, I would've just told them that I had back-up photos, I do! Well, only for the most recent ones. That was all in my old computer which stopped working before Sonic showed up and I could never find the hard drive after I moved here to Green Hills. While I could recover some of the pictures, I couldn't recover the old ones, the ones that defined me as a person today. "Y/N, we really are sorry, we knew how much it mea--" "Really guys, it's fine. Now please just leave" I stifled my tears.