Challenge Gone Wrong*OLD

"GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!" Sonic ran downstairs to find his brothers. He eventually found them playing with Ozzy outside and sprinted to show them both something. "Sooo, I saw this challenge on TikTok where you ignore a person for a whole day and see their reactions! Most of them are puh-riceless!" Sonic shoved the phone in their faces that played a 50-second clip of someone being ignored throughout the day by their friends.

"That's great Sonic, but why are you showing us this?" Tails asked, throwing the ball across the driveway for Ozzy to fetch. "Weee should try it on Y/N!" Sonic grinned, pointing to his phone then at Y/N's window. "I don't know, hedgehog. This seems a bit evil..." Knuckles trailed off, "Especially since Y/N was basically ignored by their own parents, doing this could bring back some trauma" Tails added on.

"Trust me, if things get out of hand we can stop. Okay?" Sonic reassured them. The two exchanged skeptical glances, worried about the outcome, but they both knew Sonic wouldn't take no as an answer. "Fine, but we stop once things get out of hand, deal?" Tails said. "I promise" Sonic exaggerated.

Sonic went back inside and the other two continued playing fetch with Ozzy. After an hour or so, they came back inside with Ozzy, Y/N was sat down comfortably on the couch. "Hey guys! How was playing with Ozzy?" Y/N spoke up, the echidna and fox looked at each other with "oh shit" faces then back at Ozzy, pretending Y/N didn't exist.

Y/N tilted their head, they repeated their question but got no response. Maybe they were mad and didn't want to talk? "Okayyy....I'll be in my room if you need me?" Y/N said as more of a question than an statement. Y/N jogged upstairs and closed the door behind them. "This is gonna be difficult to fufill" Knuckles said.

When Y/N went downstairs to get a snack, they saw the boys sitting in the living room watching some TV show. Sonic swiftly glanced at Y/N then back at the TV. "Hey guys, whatcha watchin'?" Y/N asked, looking at the TV to see a cartoon playing (not kiddie cartoons, badass cartoons 😎)

"Oh man, this? I finished all 4 seasons already, season 5 was announced recently" Y/N sat down next to Sonic. The echidna and the fox just exchanged nervous glances, similar to earlier, then looked back at the TV. Y/N found it suspicious how none of them answered, not even Sonic. He loved this show, he should've been all over the place hearing that there was gonna be a 5th season.

"Hey guys, it's kinda breezy in here, huh?" Sonic said, adding gas to the fire. "What the hell?" Y/N muttered, they stood up in front of the boys and waved their arms up and down like an idiot. "Hello?!" They shouted. They felt a small twinge in their heart, they started overthinking the reason the three were ignoring them.

"Did I do something? Did I forget something? Did I say something earlier? Did I embarrass them somehow? Why are they ignoring me?" Their thoughts were racing. "Kids! Dinnertime!" Maddie shouted from the kitchen. Y/N whipped around and put all their thoughts on pause. They glanced at the boys from behind and just walked to the kitchen.

Sonic ran to the table and sat down on his pillow-cushioned seat, so did Knuckles and Tails. Y/N sat in between Sonic and Knuckles, Tom was out working late so they had to have dinner without him. Maddie set the dinner plates in front of the four. It was rice, some ground beef and steamed broccoli, "Looks amazing, mom!" Y/N exclaimed, trying to put on their happy face.

"I hope it tastes as good" Maddie set her dinner plate down and sat down, everyone started eating. Forks scraping the plates and chewing is all that was heard. "How was your day today, boys?" Maddie asked them. "Oh, well me and Knuckles played with Ozzy for a while, then watched cartoons in the living room. That's all really" Tails responded for the two.

"Alright, how was your day, Y/N?" Maddie asked them, looking in their direction. "Oh, it was good! Zoe and I have plans to go to the arcade tomorrow and have a sleepover! If that's okay with you...?" Y/N asked sheepishly, "Of course it is honey, just be back by lunchtime, I'm making some chicken-mushroom skewers!" She told them.