Cameron*OLD

Sonic knocked on Y/N's door, "Come in!" They shouted. As Sonic slowly opened the door they saw Y/N working on an essay, "Oh, sorry to bother you, I'll come back later-" Sonic started closing the door, "Wait! I was about to take a break anyways, what's up?" They asked him.

Sonic fully opened the door then shut it behind him, entering Y/N's room. "You remember Cameron, right?" Y/N eyes widened at the mention of his name, their blood already getting hot. "Yeah, what about him?" Y/N asked the hedgehog, still holding their same poker face. "Well, remember that night we snuck out and you ran into him and gave him a beatdown?" Sonic continued, Y/N just furrowed their brows.

"Well, how did you and Cameron come to be enemies?" Sonic asked reluctantly, careful not to blow a fuse in Y/N. Y/N just sighed with exasperation, "Fine, you really want to know?" Y/N asked him, Sonic just nodded eagerly. "Well, it all started back in middle school, when I had first got adopted by Maddie and Tom..."

"Don't be scared Y/N, it's just a school" Maddie reassured the anxious child, rubbing their shoulders, "But it's a whole school, Maddie! I was used to being homeschooled in the orphanage or my foster homes! This is my first time being in a school filled with actual kids!" The young 11 year old rambled, clutching onto the straps of their backpack as if it was their lifeline.

"Don't be afraid, Zoe will keep an eye on you" Tom reassured them, pointing over to Zoe who was by Y/N's side, a huge grin plastered on her face. "You got this N/N, go get 'em, tiger!" Maddie gave Y/N a small scoot, ushering them towards the school. Zoe wrapped her hand around Y/N's and marched confidently with them.

After period 1 and 2 were over it was recess, Y/N and Zoe hung out on the bench in the courtyard. They saw a lonely boy sitting in the grass, he had dirty blonde hair, pale green eyes, a red shirt and blue jeans. Y/N felt a tug on their heart string, "Hey, Zoe, that kid over there looks lonely, should we say hi?" Y/N asked her. "Sure! If you want to!" Zoe stood up alongside Y/N and approached the boy, they both sat down in front of him, Zoe beaming while Y/N had a shy smile.

"Heya! I'm Zoe and this is Y/N! My best friend!" Zoe introduced them, "Uh..Hi, I'm Cameron..." He sheepishly said, "You wanna hang out with us?!" Y/N said a bit too excitedly. Cameron loved their enthusiasm, "Yeah, okay!"

"And that's how I met him" Y/N said, "Wait, I thought you met Tyler in middle school too?" Sonic inquired, "Yeah, but that was in 7th grade, I met Cameron at the start of 6th grade" Y/N clarified, "Oohhh, but that seemed like such a happy introduction story! When did it all started going downhill?" Sonic asked them, "Well, it started after we finished 6th grade, he wanted to hang out during the summer and we were cool with it, but his attitude had completely changed!"

"Hey, N/N!" Cameron exclaimed. The trio were at the park, eating icecream, their parents laughing and conversing not too far away. "What's up?" Y/N answered, "I remember the first time we met, you totally looked super shy but you're way more confident now!" Cameron licked his icecream. "Yeah, I guess" Y/N blushed, rubbing the back of their neck.

"Y'know, we should ask if we could do a sleepover!" Zoe brought up the idea. "Hey, great idea!" Y/N agreed. The three went and asked their parents, Zoe's dad said no as they had plans later on tonight. However, Cameron's mom and dad agreed, so did Tom and Maddie. "Is it okay if Cameron can have it over at your two's house? We're expecting some important guests today" Cameron's mom asked politely.

"Of course! We don't mind!" Maddie exclaimed, "Maybe we could do it tomorrow when Zoe is free? I prefer all three of us together so no one feels left out" Y/N suggested to the parents, they all seemed fine with it but Cameron's face just dropped to disgust. "Oh no guys! Really, it's fine, I don't want to disrupt a sleepover!" Zoe insisted, "Well...okay, if you say so" Y/N hesitantly said