Edgewig [Tails]

Plot: You are a secret race of mythical beings called Edgewig's that are only visible to a mobian/human that you choose. You were presented the opportunity to choose someone from the Sonic team, and you chose Tails <3

[It's aimed to be platonic, but you can decode it however you wish]

(FYI, you got wings :]])
____________________________________

You fidgeted around with your fingers, your wings puffed up and ruffling its feathers with intense anxiety.

You were awaiting to finally be appointed your familiar.

What is a familiar? Well, it's sort of like a wizard and pet companion thing, but with an edgewig and a human.

Your bond with them will allow that person and only them to see you unless you broke down your cloak and allowed other people besides your familiar to see you.

But why were you so nervous? Well, an edgewig is assigned a familiar based on how battle and book smart they are.

And you were the one in a million to reach #1 in your academy. With all A's and the battle skills of a war leader, you were given the opportunity to choose the best of the best.

The most strongest, fastest, fiercest, bravest humans. Only if they accepted your offering, of course.

And here you are, sitting outside the chief of the Edgewig Assigning department's office. Your anxiety was flourishing inside, the crippling fear of who you were going to choose seemed to fuel that anxiety more.

You knew you would get someone great, but you were scared of who.

What if they're a mean person behind closed doors?

What if they abused the power you had?

What if they didn't enjoy your presence?

All these "what ifs" flooded your mind.

But all those thoughts dissipated the moment you heard the door click open, the majestical light spilling into the dim hallway.

"Y/N L/N, we have found you potential familiars."

You perked up, your wings immediately folding behind you as you resumed a respectful position. You may be a hardworking edgewig, but these people were above you. Of course, you had to show respect towards them.

You stood up, your arms folded behind your back as you marched into the office.

Wait, did he say potential familiars? As in, multiple potentials?

The chief closed the door behind you, you standing dead in the middle while upholding your respective position.

"It is an honor to be meeting with you, Mister Stormbeak." You stated with utmost respect.

"Oh please! Mister Stormbeak was my father. Just call me Otero! But I feel I should be the one humbled to be in your presence, Y/N"

Him? Humbled to be in the same room as you? You're just a student.

"With all due respect, I feel I have to question your judgments, sir. I'm merely a student, yet you're responsible for partnering up edgewigs with their familiars! You hold so much power!" Your position faltered a bit, your shoulders bouncing every which way as you emphasized your point.

"I do have power, but that's just status in this hierarchy we live in. But you, you have so much potential! You could very well be running this hidden race had you not set your sights on being a familiar to a human."