Yall..

wooho🤓 I haven't watched this in a while, bare w me here

CONTINUING—

The sound of the male rang through your ears as he had announced the next competitors.

"Team Four and Team Five, please go to your towers."

Your team had gotten up and had already been walking down the lanes to enter the elevator, never daring to look down while limping across the path.

Thinking to yourself as you were obviously a 'disadvantage to your own team'. The recent dislocated ankle didn't help at all.

You heard more approaching footsteps as you looked up to the side, seeing the other killer team.

"Oh, man. I was looking forward to killing you guys." You saw the buff man say, attempting to intimidate all of you. His teammates laughed at the faces your teammates made as it had clearly gotten to them. Matter of fact, they were panicking just thinking about the life-or-death round. (50/50 chance of survival)

You guys had eventually made it to the elevator. You were the first one to lean onto the elevator, not wanting to waste any energy. (Really gon need it too☠️)

It was a silence filled with the heavy, but panicked breathing until a voice spoke up. "Come on, don't lose your spirit."

Nearly everyone looked at the old man who had just said something. He continued on,  "Tug-of-War needs more than just raw strength."

'He's trying to get somewhere with this, isn't he .." You silently thought to yourself as you leaned your head back onto the metal wall.

"Well then, what it's about, huh? We just go out and speak to them?" It wasn't really your thing when people would disrespect others just like that, in fact, it was annoying.

"All you need is a good strategy in Tug-of-War —

and combined with good teamwork, you'll be able to win when you are against stronger teams." The old man stated, a wave of pride was heard when stating this. All attention was on him now.

"Only one thing can help us now." Some attention was turned back to a man, waiting for what the answer could be.

"—It's the Lord himself, I know it." A scoff came after that from another woman, and an eye roll or two from someone (particularly you).

"You can barely stay standing, old man. — So shut up and keep all your strength, okay?" A frown placed on your face as you stared the man (who just spoke) down.

"Ay, don't disre—"

"Wait a minute, let's hear what the old man says." Before you could even finish your sentence, 456 stopped you and continued further.

— ion got patience for this, timeskip

After the old man had listed his strategy and how he used to use it when he was younger and playing Tug-of-War, the elevator had reached its stop and everyone had been facing forward to the now visible tower.

The doors had slowly opened and once it did, you and your team walked out. You were in the middle row, so you wouldn't have to be depended on as much as the front and back were.

"— First off, having a good leader is very important.

The person is at the front and keeps an eye on how the other team is performing. And the rest of the team focuses on the back of their leader's head."

Everybody was currently being chained onto the rope, though you squirmed a little bit since the tightness around your wrists weren't pleasant. You knew it would just get more worser so you just sucked it up.

"And then at the end of the rope, you'll need to have someone strong and dependable like the anchor of a ship."

"After that, its all about how you arrange the rest of your team. If one player is on the right side of the rope, then the next one should be on the left, all the way down the rope.

(Cutscene to show how the line is aligned. 🤭)

"Both of your feet should be facing straight forward, — and then, hold the rope in your armpits.

— STOP I CANT KEEP DOING THIS

". . . Finally, and this is absolutely the most important thing. Once the game begins, for the first ten seconds.. you have to hold your ground. You should lean back, practically lie down."

I'm done

"If you do that, the other team won't be able to pull us to their side."

You and your teammates kept this position, no matter how much your ankle was screaming 'stop', until one of the opponents player's (front) slipped.

"Now's our chance!" Once the alert rang through the ears of all of you and your teammates, you guys immediately started pulling back.

This lasted a 10-20 seconds before the other team started pulling back with all force.

"Shit!"
It was visible that you guys were being pulled back from the other team.

"We're losing! Goddamn it! Do something" yelled the panicked lady in the back

Each second, you guys were all slipping through the concrete floor beneath you. Finally, someone came up with a plan, ig..

"Get yourselves together and listen! Let's try something, take three steps up when I signal!"

"Up?? What now? But that's the edge!" Argued the lady.

"Look, just trust me and they'll fall!"

"There's no way I'll do that!"

"We might as well try!" 456 yelled, interrupting the argument that went back and forth.

"No way, I can't do it!"

"Move now or you'll die!"

"— On the count of three!"

"Jesus, why did I agree to this." Sighed m/n, swallowing the lump stuck in his throat as he grew the courage to put faith on the front row.

"One!"

The breathing became more heavier, panicking filling them even more."

"Two!"

...

"Three!"

Screams had emerged from the team as they finally took one last breath and ran towards the fate of a 50/50 chance of survival.
—————————

Did this as quickly as I can omg. I had to reread my whole book because I wanted to continue it. (Btw I'm a bit less busy bc I've been in a process of moving after i posted my last update. Now I'm doing good at my new school **im a month in already** :)) ) anyways I'll see you next update, I enjoyed writing this like always.