Prologue

Author's Note: Hey everyone! This is my first fanfic. It features my favorite anime and my favorite anime character. I hope you all enjoy reading!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"zashu" - speaking

*points* - action

'phew' - thinking

------------------------------------------------------------------------

(due to plot conveniance, Shirou vs Gilgamesh fight is way earlier to when Saber destroys the grail)

POV Shirou

Shirou: "I- no, WE did it. I killed Gilgamesh or well technically Archer did, but he is me". I realized Rin and Saber haven't finished their goal as to destroying the grail. Thinking I can help them, I quickly run over to where they are.

I arrived and quickly see saber standing in front of the lake to which inside of said lake is a pure abomination most likely created by the corruption of the grail.

Shirou: "Saber, what's happening!"

Saber: "Shirou! Rin is in that thing!"

Hearing this and seeing Saber charging her noble phantasm, I realize Rin is planning to use her command seals to destroy the grail. Knowing Saber can't save her without dying, she plans to sacrifice herself to destroy the grail.

As if that could happen on my watch. Quickly running to the corrupted grail, I create Kanshou and Bakuya and slash at the area as to where I heard Rin. Creating a hole in it, I pull on Rin's arm and take both her and Shinji out of the grail. Swapping both her and I, as I enter where she came from. The hole that I created is closed due to the grail.

Shirou: "SABER, RIN, DESTROY IT!"

Not caring whether or not I would live or not, but when saying so it was feeling like the grail was consuming me. I was plunging into the goo from the grail, as I was trying not to be consumed.

My consciousness starts fading as it starts to turn black. I hear a voice not knowing who it was or where it was.

???: "I see so, this is your wish? It shall be granted."

Everything turns to black, as I drifted to what felt like nothing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suddenly woke up in an alley of sorts, turning to my head to the left I see people walking while children were running about, some of them looked poor or dirty. My confusion was then replaced with pain as I realized I'm still injured. Not knowing what to do I just sit there for a bit until a girl in a uniform, walks up to me.

???: "Wow! You're really hurt! I really need to get you to dad's clinic!

After she said that I suddenly turn unconscious due to my untreated wounds.