Chapter 2

[Rewritten. This chapter isn't as long as my recent chapters but it's better than it was before. This has a panic attack/flashback written by someone who has never experienced one so if that triggers you in any way don't read this.]

*Dream's POV*

Dream had no idea what to do with himself.

The balance was tipped towards positivity, he didn't know how to work his TV, Blue was busy in his AU, Ink was creating, and he didn't want to sleep right now.

The strangest part was, no one needed his help at the moment which was almost definitely part of why there was too much positivity in the multiverse. Dream should really look into getting some hobbies.

He sighed as he sat on his bed. He wasn't bored often but he did not enjoy it when he was.

Thankfully, he didn't have to mope about that for long when he felt a spike of negativity in Swapfell Copy #78.

Sure enough, his phone's default ringtone rang out and he managed to answer to Ink.

"Error, Nightmare, and his gang are attacking! Get over here!"

Dream opened his mouth to reply but was interrupted by the sound of the phone being hung up.

Whatever. Replying would waste time anyways.

He opened a golden portal and stepped through.

Immediately, he was alarmed by the amount of damage. This AU was not going to be saved unfortunately.

He sighed. Another AU lost to Error's destruction.

He summoned his bow and joined in the fight.

Ink and Error were up against each other. As gods, no one else could match their power levels except each other.

Poor Blue had to try and hold off all 3 members of the murder time trio. That left Cross and Nightmare for Dream.

As he dodged hits from bones, knives, blasters, and tentacles, he kept thinking about the situation.

Nightmare and his gang had never killed anyone in order to spread negativity before becoming allies with Error. Why waste the negativity they could give while living? Now whenever they went out with Error, they helped destroy entire universes.

Why?

Dream could usually spot the motives for their crimes rather easily but there was no obvious answer this time. He brushed this off as insanity or something along those lines most of the time but he didn't really want to this time.

But it's not like he could just ask.

.......Yes he could.

What would he lose by asking for the truth? Some grumble about it not being his business? A taunt?

It wouldn't be anything new.

"You know brother, I've noticed something rather strange lately.... You never used to kill while spreading negativity before. Something about not wanting to waste the negativity they can provide? But ever since Error..... Well, I guess what I'm trying to say is why start now?"

Nightmare was very clearly unimpressed.

"Are you serious? You've JUST now noticed that? You only get dumber every time I see you."

Cross had always been the kindest of their group and that reflected on this little mid-battle conversation.

"If you put some effort into it, I'm sure you'll figure it out. It's kinda obvious to be honest...."