Chapter 10

[As I've looked back at my chapters, it's quite obvious to me that I had no clue what I was doing with POV's. I looked it up and have a better understanding then before but I will probably mess up on that still. I will probably rewrite the first 3 chapters if I get motivation. Thanks again for all the love you guys give.]

[Mentions of past self harming. If you are experiencing self harm, please get some help. Your life matters]

*Blue's POV*

Blue liked to think he was more observant than the average sans. He noticed long before most of the other Sanses that something was wrong with Error. Nightmare and the bad sanses were first which he slightly resented.

Now that Dream was acting weird, he was slightly offended. What was happening? How had he missed it? How long has he been missing it?

Thinking back, there was a lot of weird little clues.

For example, a few meetings ago Dream was acting really weird. Taking notes in the meeting and refusing to let him see. Studying Ink for something and apparently not finding it. Relief when Ink interrupted us. Asking Reaper about the balances? How would he not figure it out after that?

Then, right after the meeting, he was lost in thought all the time. Just staring off into space and thinking. Asking Error why he destroys and then apparently not caring about that ever again? Having a break down right after we came back. What happened to make him like that? Only Ink was there... That could be it. Did Ink do something?

Then there's the constant arm coverings. After THAT battle, Dream had long sleeve pajamas. Dream brought a jacket into battle and then just wore a new outfit with arm coverings.

Not to mention the twins' strange staring contest....

He couldn't figure this out on his own.

"I'M GOING OUT! SEE YOU GUYS LATER!"

"Yeah... B-bye Blue." Why so nervous Dream? What are you hiding?

"Yeah whatever bye." Just what did you do Ink?

I'm onto you both....

*Nightmare's POV*

Dream, Dream, Dream. What the heck are you doing?

Blue texted us that he was coming over to talk about Dream. I'm glad he's on our side. He is closer to Dream then anyone else right now.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about him. Despite all that has happened, he is my brother and I love him.

He also may not be as blind as I thought judging from recent events....

I would have told him everything but he is so close to Ink and Ink is aware of the balance he is destroying. What outcome does Ink want? Multiversal collapsion? It's too dangerous to get to caught up in it. Not with deities involved at least. I've seen the strings on Error's soul. It's not pretty....

Blue arrived using one of the multiversal transporters. He was not smiling.

He met my eyes and I could feel suspicion, worry, and frustration coming from him in large amounts. When I was younger, I would have been scared that it was directed at me. I'm much better at reading emotions than I used to be.

He flipped onto the couch and groaned. Error brought a warm taco for him which was received with thankfulness. Those two always know how to cheer each other up.

After he ate, we started talking about our suspicions about Dream. The boys heard us talking and joined in.

I heard a lot about guilty looks and winces from the boys and Error. I said my piece about aura's. Usually, Dream and I never used our aura's to hide our emotions.

However, even now Dream was hiding. I usually could feel his emotions even in different AU's if I concentrated. His aura was all that was there.

Blue explained his weird actions in the recent meetings and how he's been acting after the failed attempt for the truth. Hiding his arms, spacing out, breakdowns, secret notes, conversations about balances, ect.

I was even more worried now. Hiding his arms? Is he.... Harming himself? I glanced at Dust. Dust has had some issues in the past with that, especially after he first left his au. He was especially disturbed by Dream's arm coverings.

Cross looked like he was going to cry. Horror and Killer were concerned. Blue and Error were mad.

"If InK dId SoMeThInG i'M gOiNg To KiLl HiM."

Usually Blue would say something about the balance after comments like that but this time I was convinced Blue would help plan the murder. After all, if Error just didn't destroy, the balance would probably be fine, hopefully.

My boys all got excited about that. A chorus of agreement rang out across the room.

I couldn't even bring myself to smile. Error noticed as always.

"HeY, i'Ll TrY tO KeEp An EyE oN hIm FoR yOu WhEn I hAvE fReE tImE oKaY?"

"....Ok. Thank you Error."

Blue put on a fake smile. "I'M SURE EVERYTHING IS GOING TO TURN OUT FINE NOW THAT WE'RE ALL AWARE SOMETHING IS WRONG. ESPECIALLY NOW THAT ERROR IS GOING TO SPY ON HIM."

More fake smiles spread. My face held one of them. As I did, I thought of Dream's own fake smile. He was a master at it. There had been many times I felt sadness and saw joy. I always felt guilty but there were more important things to deal with at the moment. Life hasn't been kind to any of my boys. ̶L̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶D̶r̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶.̶

That was going to change. I was determined to make it change. My boys' mental, physical, and emotional scars were mostly healed so now it was my twin's turn.

I felt regret when I learned just how scarred Dream was from the apple incident and his statue state. PTSD? Dream? MY brother?

I guess he wasn't the only one who was oblivious.

That regret has now multiplied.

What is happening to my brother? Is it my fault? How do I help? Does Dream trust anyone enough to let them help?

At the moment, it seems he doesn't. That's ok. We'll figure it out on our own and help whether he likes it or not.

[I'm not even going to lie. The next chapter is already written and I am not sorry.]