To Survive: Part 1: The School Regulations

"You must kill someone if you want to leave." Silver's mind froze and his breath caught in his throat as he thought about that... He could feel a paralyzing fear slowly making its way through his body, dominating every last nerve. The air hung heavy on him, pressing down like a weight around his neck. It took everything he had just to endure that weight...

But for as heavy as the air felt... all it took to pierce it was her sharp words.

Blaze: So? What are you going to do now?

Espio: Just stand around glaring at each other? [Their pointed comments were directed at everyone in the room. It helped pull everyone back to reality]

Amy: You guys are right! Sometimes, even if you're nervous or afraid, you just have to step forward!

Pinkie Pie: You're right! But what do we need to do, exactly?

Scourge: We need to look for a way out, duh!

Fiona: And we totally need to find out whoever was controlling that stupid bear and beat the hell out of 'em.

Benjamin: ...B-But b-before we do all that, m-maybe we should take a look at the handbook... I-it's probably best to check out the school r-regulations Monokuma m-mentioned before d-doing a-anything else.

Sarvente: True. If we stumble around with no clue what the rules are, something like that might happen again...

Ruv: Shit...

Fiona: Fine. Then let's hurry up and check out the stupid rules already. [Silver opened his E-Handbook. When it started up, the screen showed his name, Silver the Hedgehog. An itemized list appears on-screen. It was the school regulations. In other words, the rules are being imposed on everyone.

Rule #1: Students may resign only within the school. Leaving the campus is an unacceptable waste of time.

Rule #2: Nighttime is from 10 p.m to 7 a.m. Some areas are off-limits at night, so please exercise caution.

Rule #3: Sleeping anywhere other than the dormitory will be seen as sleeping in class and punished accordingly.

Rule #4. With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore Hope's Peak Academy at your discretion.

Rule #5. Violence against Headmaster Monokuma is strictly prohibited, as is the destruction of surveillance cameras.

Rule #6. Anyone who kills a fellow student and becomes "blackened" will graduate, unless they are discovered.

Rule #7. Additional school regulations may be added as necessary.

Feeling slight dizziness, Silver raised his face from the screen. As he looked around, he saw the same stormy expression on everyone's faces.

Ruv: This is bullshit! What the hell kinda rules are these!? I'm not gonna let them control ME!!!!!!

Scourge: Well then, why don't you wander around the school without a care in the world and see what happens? Personally, I would love to see what happens when someone breaks one of the rules. Maybe the same thing will happen again, Ophidiophobia! Nyhahahahaha

Pinkie Pie: But if he got punished like what we saw before, I don't think there'd be a respawn waiting for him...

Ruv: ...I... A few years ago, I took this little girl in because of reasons I don't wanna talk about... [Tears up] And I made this promise to myself... Protect her at all cost, even if it kills you...

Scourge: ...So what?

Ruv: I can't leave her this early... I promised to come back for her... I promised to protect her for all eternity... SO I'M NOT GONNA JUST SIT HERE AND DIE!!!!! I WILL GET OUTTA HERE!!!!! I HAVE TO!!!!!! I MUST!!!!!