To Survive: Part 6: Whitty Finds a Sword

Whitty and Ruv had gone into the gym to look for something to protect themselves.

Whitty: Here we go. I might be able to find something here to protect myself with... Yeah, I'm sure I'll find something in the display case I can use.

Ruv: [Sees a sword in one of the display cases] [Thinking] Is this...a sword? Oh, no, I think it's just a replica. Still, it's pretty impressive. It's completely covered in a gold coating. But... [TOuches it, but some of the gold coating gets onto him] [Outloud] Jeez! I barely touched it and I got that gold stuff all over my hands.

Whitty: Wow, you're right. Your hands are totally gold! Even just for self-defense, I think it's a little...

Ruv: Well, it's still better than nothing, I guess.

Whitty: You should take it with you! It might help liven up your room a little.

Ruv: You think so?

Whitty: But I guess you'd better be careful taking it back. You should wrap it in newspaper or something.

Ruv: [Thinking] And just like that, it's been decided...

Whitty: I don't see anything I could really use for self-defense...

Ruv: H-Hey, don't worry about it! It's not like you need it right away, right? Plus, if anything were to happen... When the time comes...I'll protect you, and everyone else here.

Whitty: You'll... protect me...? Thank you for saying that... If I've got you on my side, I guess I don't need a weapon after all! [Whitty laughed as he said that]

Ruv: [Thinking] That mysterious smile... I can tell it comes from the heart. It makes me feel at ease... When I look at him, I honestly feel like I can do anything. He's like a companion to me... He's like, the first friend I've ever made... And it feels good...

Whitty: Okay, we can stop looking for a weapon, then. But as long as we're here, let's hang out a bit more. You said we could play Chess, right?

Ruv: Yeah.

Whitty: It would be fun to learn a few things from you! Well, if you wanna do that...

Ruv: Sure! I've only taught one person to play Chess, and I would offer to teach other people, but they wouldn't be interested. I'm surprised you wanna play.

Whitty: Well, it would be nice to try something new! All my life has been singing on a stage in front of random strangers who call themselves your fans.

Ruv: Well, where should we go to play Chess?

Whitty: Hmm... How about the dining hall. Maybe other people will see us and show interest!

Ruv: Well, that sounds good! I just hope we don't bump into Scourge.

Whitty: Well, he'll be dead if he messes with you! I don't want anyone messing with my friends!

Ruv: F-friend...?

Whitty: Well, if that's okay with you...

Ruv: Of course! However, I don't know a lot about friendship stuff, so you might have to teach me.

Whitty: ...Hey, um...this is kinda out of nowhere, but... Ruv, do you have a dream?

Ruv: Well...what about you, Whitty? What's your dream? I'd love to hear...

Whitty: Well, I've never really had a dream. Growing up, I wanted to become a singer, and eventually, that dream became reality, but now I don't know what else to do... Now that I'm a singer, all people want from me is to sing, be on magazine covers, sign autographs, and ride in limos. It's like my life will always be like that, and nothing else...

Ruv: Wow...

Whitty: Yeah... You know what, to be perfectly honest with you, I don't like being a rockstar.

Ruv: Well if you don't like being a rockstar, then why did you decide to become one.

Whitty: Well, when I was younger, I thought I would enjoy it, but now that I'm actually a rockstar, it just seems like an endless lope of singing, moving, signing autographs, and repeating. What I really want is to have people see me for me, not because I'm famous. I wanna be seen for who I am...

Ruv: I know how that feels...

Whitty: You wanna go play a game of Chess to lighten the mood?

Ruv: Sure! We have to go get my chessboard first, and then we'll head to the dining hall.

Amy: You guys are heading to the dining hall? [Whitty and Ruv turned around to see Amy standing not too far away from them]

Whitty: Aah! Amy?! When did you get here!

Amy: Oh, I only just got here! I was inside the gym with Sarvente! We were talking about a way to help everyone get outta here! 

Whitty: You guys want to help us get outta here?

Amy: Of course! I know that nobody wants to stay here forever, so we wanna help everyone get outta here! Isn't Sarv so selfless and awesome?!

Ruv: [Blushes] She really is.

Amy: [Notices Ruv blushing, causing her to giggle] Well, I see that the Ultimate Chess Master has some feelings for the Ultimate God Worshipper! I like it!

Ruv: I-it's not like that... I just think it's nice of her to help us get outta here.

Whitty: Then why are you blushing?

Ruv: [Covers his face] I-I'm not blushing!

Whitty: [Laughs] Well, okay then.

Amy: Hey, uh, Ruv, can I ask you something?

Ruv: Sure. What is it?

Amy: Well, I heard that you guys are going to the dining hall to play Chess! Can I come, too?

Ruv: Sure! It would be nice to know that someone else takes interest in Chess!

Amy: Hmm, maybe I could also cook something for the three of us! I may be the Ultimate Movie Star, but I'm also good at cooking! I even cooked for my 6th-grade class once! 

Whitty: Oh! Well what's your speciality?

Amy: Water!

Ruv: Water? But all you do is pour it in a cup and drink it.

Amy: [Laughs] Oh, come on, you two! I'm just kidding! But I do make some pretty great cupcakes! You guys can even help me if you want! [She burst out laughing. Everyone's earlier mood disappeared, replaced by the bright smile all three of them quickly grown used to. After all of that, Amy, Whitty, and Ruv went to the dining hall and made some cupcakes, ate them, and play Chess until they went back to that respected rooms]

Ruv: [Looks at the sword on his desk] [Thinking] The only thing in my room is... a fake sword covered in gold. All it does is make me feel that much more uncomfortable. Anyway, there's still plenty of time left in the day. I really don't feel like just sitting here. Maybe I'll take a look around...