Chapter 3

Chapter 3
Please Notice
*
"I need to know, how do you feel?"- Christian Leave, Please Notice
*

Once Emma had brought her back to her mansion, she quickly retrieved Jefferson's hat. The current plan was to send the wraith somewhere it couldn't hurt anyone. The only way to do that was to create a portal, and as of right now, this hat was the only way to do it. When they arrived where they would meet the monster to banish it, the air was already cold. The wraith was coming and it was coming quickly.

Regina sat the hat on the floor and the lights began to flicker. They had very little time and she had to get to work right away. The wraith entered the room screaming, making it hard for her to focus her magic to get the hat to work. David was swinging his makeshift broom-torch towards the creature and Regina began growing frustrated that her efforts were seemingly useless.

"It's not working!" she raised her voice over the noise of the wraith.

"What is the problem?" Emma asked, relatively calming given the situation at hand and the room becoming entrapped in flames. If there was anything the blonde could do, Regina could tell that the woman would do it.

"Magic." She answered, "It's different here." Regina was frustrated and at a loss, so she didn't notice Emma approaching her more closely until she felt a firm grip on her arm. Her mind and body braced to be overcome by visions, but nothing happened. Before she could have the chance to be confused, purple magic swirled in the air. The portal was opening. She turned to Emma, not understanding how this was happening, but the blonde looked frozen in time.

Green eyes darted back and forth, looking at something that was clearly not there. The taller woman's mouth was slightly open and Regina could hear a soft gasp followed by heavy breaths. Emma seemed to be becoming panicked before snapping back to reality and looking at the brunette with furrowed brows, obviously very confused.

The purple swirl filling the air grew larger, commanding the attention of both women who looked back at the magic they...both?...had created. Regina stood up slowly, trying to piece together how this was happening. She didn't get far in thought before David's voice boomed through the chaos:

"It's coming!" he yelled, she had no time to react but heard another voice yell:

"Regina!" It was Emma. She turned towards the blonde to see why she was yelling and only saw the woman coming closer. She felt her body being shoved away and she hit the floor with a thud. By the time she had gathered herself and looked up the room was quiet.

Emma and Mary Margaret were gone. David was lying face down on the floor. The portal was closed and the wraith was gone. Realization dawned onto Regina...they had saved her with magic...and all magic comes with a price. Her thoughts rang clear:

Emma shouldn't have to pay it.

*

Henry's words penetrated Regina's every waking thought like hot knives through butter. 'You really are the Evil Queen.' made her stomach churn, while 'I don't want to see you again.' broke every part of her into tiny little pieces, shattering any thought of hope she could have. She shook her head, remembering his last plea 'Get Emma and Mary Margaret back!'

"I will." she murmured to no one. She would've done it anyway. Well...Mary Margaret would've been a by-product of her saving Emma. There was no way the blonde would be rescued without towing along the doe-eyed Snow White with her. If Henry weren't in the picture, she wasn't sure how far the saving would go as far as Emma was concerned either. She mainly just wanted to talk to the woman who had been consuming her every waking moment.