Chapter 8

Temptation

"Show me slowly now that I'm focused. ... Oh I know you want me but I want you more. So much in between us that we can't ignore." -Temptation, Bondax

Regina had been much too optimistic when she assumed her and Emma would have endless time to be with each other. After Emma moved in Henry wanted nothing else than to have consistent 'sleepovers.' The first night he had built a blanket fort in the living room. Anytime her or Emma tried to move he'd stir and persuade them to stay. Not that he had to try very hard.

The second day they both had to tend to separate duties, and by the time night rolled around Henry had already piled his favorite blankets and pillows onto Emma's bed. He seemed determined not to let her out of his sight. That or he thought she needed protecting.

She didn't want to entertain that thought for long and destroy her mood so she focused back in on the action in front of her. A 'tickle' fight had erupted between Emma and Henry on the couch opposite of her. A chuckle escaped her that no one could hear through Henry's constant giggles and Emma's shrieks when he got her back. The movie they had started after dinner had long been forgotten, and that was perfectly fine by her.

Regina was just grateful to have a lively home again. She had missed hearing playful laughter and having someone to cook for. Life felt perfect, at least inside the walls of her...their...home. She rolled her eyes playfully as Emma begged for mercy and Henry gave it to her.

Amateur. She thought to herself and made a mental note to tell Henry how to actually play offense in a tickle fight and how to not fall for defense's tricks. A loud laugh erupted from her chest as Emma used the moment of mercy to attack the boy again. As he shrieked she struck her previous mental note...he just learned the hard way.

Green eyes found her own and shot her a playful wink. A smirk spread across her face before she even had the chance to hold it back. Henry was so distracted that she was able to sneak in behind him and also begin attacking the boy with tickles.

Before she knew it, the tables had turned and she was the one being attacked. She wasn't sure how or when, but they were now on the floor and she could hardly beg for mercy through her own laughter. Normally, Emma's hands on her would've been more than welcomed, but with both the blonde and Henry ganging up on her it was too much and she knew she needed to make an escape before she lost control of her bladder.

"UNCLE! UNCLE!" She was finally able to cry through her fits of laughter. Emma respected this wish and raised her hands in surrender. The blonde was a little out of breath and had the decency to at least look a little chastised. However, the grin on the other woman's face signaled a sense of satisfaction and pride. *

"Henry Daniel Mills!" Regina scolded just sincerely enough that he backed off from tickling her as well. Once he had put some distance between them, she lunged forward to tickle his sides again.

"Sucker." Emma teased him and rolled her eyes. Regina found herself laughing deeply again, but this time there was no tickling required. She couldn't remember how long it had been since she had laughed like this. Or had this much fun in general, to be honest.

"Okay, Mister. You are free to live another day. Go clean up and get ready for bed then we'll come tuck you in." She rustled the boy's somewhat shaggy hair and kissed him on the forehead. For a moment he looked like he was going to protest, but between her order and Emma's stern eyebrows it seemed he thought better of it.

"Fine." He all but huffed and began to mope away.

"If you act happy about it I'll read you a bedtime story." Emma yelled over her shoulder. Regina couldn't help but to roll her eyes at how the boy's pace immediately perked up and he all but ran up the steps.