Chapter 5

I Wanna Get Better
"I didn't know I was broken 'til I wanted to change. I wanna get better."- Bleachers, I Wanna Get Better

*

Regina paced back and forth at the well. She and Emma hadn't planned to speak again before she came back, but she had still been hoping to hear from the blonde. She had no idea whether they had stopped Cora or not and at this point she didn't care about her mother one bit. She just wanted to know if Emma and Mary Margaret were still okay.

    She didn't have time to ponder what had happened to her to make her want the two women to be okay before she heard a twig snap in the distance.

    "Henry Mills, I told you not to follow-" Regina began, but when she turned around to chastise her son for following her to the well, her eyes were met with the last person she wanted to see. "Rumplestiltskin. To what do I owe this pleasure?"

    Her tone made it clear she had no interest in having a discussion with the imp, which seemed to amuse him because he let out a chuckle that carried a similar disdain.

    "I'm not here for you, dearie." He spoke surely. "I'm here to make sure nothing comes out of that." He pointed his free hand towards the well. Regina clicked her tongue and pursed her lips while shaking her head.

    "You see...I already had plans. There will be two women coming out of this well." Regina spoke as if her words could make it so. "And I never reschedule." She said smirking towards the man while challenging him with her eyes.

    "I see." Gold nodded. "While I admire your...optimism..." he put more emphasis on the word to illustrate that her optimism was a delusion. "If we don't do anything there will be three women coming out of that well."

    "That's impossible." Regina shot back. "We have a plan."

    "Oh, is that right, dearie? If I'm not mistaken, didn't you also have a plan to keep this town cursed for an eternity?" He said relatively calmly for the anger the words held. Regina couldn't argue with his point so she just rolled her eyes.

    "Get out of here, Rumple. I don't have time for this." She turned away from him to make herself look busy, but she didn't really have anything to do. She was mostly just waiting at this point.

    "I'm not going anywhere, Ms. Mills." He spoke. It wasn't a proposal of a challenge, but Regina took it as one. She turned back to him in one swift motion and cocked her head to the side.

    "What did you just say?" She said as anger began to bubble up inside of her. When Gold said nothing in response and just stood in place, that is when she felt the 'Evil' Queen begin to claw its way out. "Did you not hear me, imp?" She spat the last word out like it was poison on her tongue.

    "What do you think Cora will do to your boy, Ms. Mills? Do you think he'll want to get her a 'World's Best Grandma' coffee mug?" He scoffed. "I hope not because I'm sure that'd be a hard feat after she's ripped him limb from limb."

    That seemed to be the last straw before Regina became fully engulfed in a raging anger. She flicked her wrist by her side, barely having to call upon magic to conjure something that'll leave Gold in pieces.

    "Easy, Ms. Mills. We don't want to start something that'll end in both of our demise now do we?" The way he spoke to her as if she was a child made every part of her body tense and she regretted not ripping his throat out years ago. "What is more important to you, Regina? The two women, both of whom you've spent a long time trying to get rid of, or your dear boy?"