[ 1 ] . kayden anderson

"The nominations for prom queen are Me, You, Zowie, Sarah Matthews, Alyssa Jakobs, and Bethany Pierce

"The nominations for prom queen are Me, You, Zowie, Sarah Matthews, Alyssa Jakobs, and Bethany Pierce." Mia said as she read the list of nominees from her phone. "We'll of course it is," I said as we grabbed our lunch trays. "Why is Sarah even on there. She's just a ray of fucking sunshine, isn't she?" Zowie said as she rolled her eyes.

We each ended up grabbing a salad for lunch. Typical, I know, but we were all cheerleaders and we had to keep up our body image. It was a must.

Mia was kind and had the prettiest doe eyes that matched her dark skin beautifully. She was athletic and captain of the volleyball team. When she was younger she had taken years of gymnastic lessons which made her vital to our cheerleading team.

Zowie was bold and firey. She was gorgeous and had shoulder length black hair. Zowie was a player and half the time we argued over the littlest things. Our personalities clashed at times. She was also on the cheerleading squad and made all of the football boys swoon.

And then there's me, daughter of a rich businessman. You could say that i'm spoiled, but I wouldn't argue there. Everyone wanted to be me. My life was perfect. I had the perfect car, perfect face, perfect boyfriend. I was everything I wanted to be since kindergarten. I was the cheerleading captain and my boyfriend was the quarterback. Everything was straight out of a movie.

As we walked to our lunch table I collided with another person which caused my salad to fly up onto me among a mixture of other foods. I was shocked and stumbled at the impact, causing me to fall straight on my butt, the body falling on top of me.

When I opened my eyes I saw a boy with long, curly blond hair and glasses that made him look beyond stupid. "I-I'm so sorry," he said as he tried to get off of me as quick as possible. I recognized him as Kayden Anderson, the schools biggest nerd. The kid was literally a genius but he clearly wasn't smart enough to see where he was going.

He had tomato sauce and lettuce all on his shirt and face, some of it tangling into his messy long hair. I then felt the food on my chest, making me cringe. It was a mixture of both of our trays. Pasta and lettuce. Everywhere.

"Ew! Get off!" I whined, pushing him off me with my hands. He scrambled to his feet and once he was standing he reached a hand out for me to take. I scowled at him and slapped his hand away, standing up on my own.

The whole lunchroom had gone quiet, all eyes on us. I looked down at my shirt, grinding my teeth as I saw how ruined it was. There was sauce all over my neck and chest and salad all through my hair. "Look what you did, you- you- you geek!" I whined as I tried my best to brush the mess of food from my chest. "I didn't mean to-" "I don't care! Just leave!" I said to him, wanting the attention of the lunchroom to go away. He looked irritated and shook his head, moving around me so he could leave the lunchroom.

"Oh my god! What a fucking idiot!" Zowie growled as she picked lettuce from my hair. I sat down, shielding my head from the people who were staring at me. The lunchroom crowd started to talk again but I could hear their whispers and frankly I was embarrassed. I quickly stood and walked out of the lunchroom so I could change my top and fix myself before the next period.