Prologue - Hold the Line!

(For those who wanted to take a look at what the Cybernetic Mercenaries look like, here is a picture I nabbed online. Props to the original artist for this drawing, though. The armor,  color of the armor and weapon vary between different divisions and ranks.)

Timeskip: Half an hour later

"Hold the line!" Dagger commanded as he fired his custom Shadow-Hawk 100 at an incoming enemy soldier. The whole task force was split up into 2 teams, each team trying to hold the line against the invading Cyber Mercs. Their reinforcements were being held up by another group of Cyber Mercs, so they would have to hold out until they could get to them.

Eagle fired at the incoming Cyber Mercs, landing shots as fast and as accurate as he could pump them. At the rear end of the base, Tank provided suppressing fire on the invading Mercs while Stryker radioed in for air support.

"Requesting air support on our location!"

"Negative, 2-5, the area is way too hot with RPGs and Anti-Aircraft emplacements. You're gonna have to thin them out before we can provide air support."

"Verdammt!" Stryker said as he slammed the phone back on the communications kit he carries around.

Surrounded on all sides, the teams retreated further inside the base, firing with everything they've got. The Cyber Mercs followed them in, firing as equally as effective as Task Force 101. Taking cover behind upturned tables and monitoring desks, the 101 continued to defend their position against the increasingly numerous forces of the Cyber Mercs.

"Keep firing!" Volt said as he inserted a fresh magazine into his M16. 

He got out of cover and chucked a grenade over to the Mercs, blowing them up. But they were soon quickly replaced by even more Mercs. Bullets continue to rain over the base as both the 101 and the Cyber Mercs fight to take control of the base. The 101 knew that if they lost, the Cyber Mercs would have enough power for them to keep the war going for an indefinite amount of time.

"I'm out!" Rook said as their M4A1 clicked dry. They discarded it, switching to the M1911, continuing to fire on the Mercs.

"Me too!" Tank said as his PKM clicked dry as well. He stored it, bringing out a double-barrel shotgun and took cover as a bullet whizzed by his head.

"I'm out as well!" Stryker said as he took out his Webley Revolver and shot back at them.

Phantom was about to say something, but a bullet struck his chest as he was in the middle of reloading a fresh clip into his MAS-38 Infantry Rifle. He went down, but not before pulling out his sidearm and slowly crawling back to cover, firing all the same.

"Phantom's hit!" shouted Volt as he threw another grenade at the oncoming Mercs.

"Cover me, I'm going in!" shouted Eagle, switching his weapon to a compact Uzi submachine gun.

"Copy that," Dagger turned to his squad. "Put suppressing fire on the enemy!"

The squad laid down heavy firepower that mowed down a sizeable amount of the Mercs, causing the rest of them to halt their advance and find cover. During the brief period, Eagle slipped by the lines and ran over to Phantom, firing his Uzi against any Mercs to keep them at bay. He got to Phantom just as a heavily armored Cyber Merc wielding what appears to be a-

"Sh*t, an M134 Minigun! Get down!"

The rotary cannon delivered a stream of bullets directly at the 101. It cut holes into any unfortunate furniture that wasn't made of steel. It missed Eagle's head by just a fraction as he ducked into cover.