Act 1, Chapter 10 - Players, Pieces and Pawns Pt. 3

An overhead shot shows that the group and the squad are heading out of the forest and into another abandoned series of structures as the Nevermore follows them from the air. They spread out when it passes above, concealing themselves behind some of the stone blocks with their allies as it circles above a high column and caws. The squad of soldiers kept on firing on the Nevermore with their weapons, occasionally hurting it, but not to the extent where it could be fatal. The Nevermore seemed to be more concentrated on the squad then the teens, which gave them some breathing space.

"Well, at least I'm glad they're on our side!" Yang said as she watched the squad take cover while the Nevermore unleashed another volley of deadly feathers at them. The feathers missed the squad completely, striking the area around them.

"Yep!" Ruby says as she also watches them.

Jaune looks behind at the Death Stalker bursting onto the scene.

"Ah, man, run!"

The group emerged from their hiding spots and ran, but the scorpion Grimm was more interested in the squad of soldiers with what looked like peashooters that dealt stinging damage than the group of teens with literal overpowered weapons that did zilch on it.

"We're pinned down!" yelled Wraparound Glasses as he fired his weapon on the Death Stalker.

("Wraparound Glasses?"

Ruby wanted to nickname you guys based on your descriptions, Dagger. Can't blame her, though.

"She could've at least come up with better names, though."

Might I remind you who's the author here?

"Yeah, yeah...")

"Need backup!" yelled Iron Helmet as he turned his sights on it as well and fired away.

"Nora, distract it!" Ren shouts to said person, pointing at the Nevermore depositing its feathers down on the squad.

Nora obliges, running out from her block and jumping through the feather projectiles before reaching behind her and launching several heart-topped shells from her grenade launcher, bursting into pink electricity when they hit the Nevermore and causing it to retreat.

"Danke!" shouted Goggles in a strange language that no one ever heard.

"What?" Nora asked.

"Thanks!" Goggles replied in English.

"No proble-"

"Incoming!"

*BOOM!*

The Death Stalker that was creeping up on Nora disappeared in a cloud of smoke in an instant. Nora looked over to Unknown, who was carrying another strange-looking weapon:

 Nora looked over to Unknown, who was carrying another strange-looking weapon: