13

"H-Help me!"

23rd March 2005

23rd March 2005

Valerie was sitting on her bed, reading her favorite book while listening to the chirping of the birds that were heard outside. It calmed her down. Her room was now her safe place. After Five disappeared, she locked herself in her room for hours, reading books while listening to the outside world.

Sometimes, Klaus or Ben would come in and stay in her room. Ben would read a book while Klaus would try to play the guitar he got himself a while ago. The girl would also go and listen to Vanya's violin playing. She loved to listen to Vanya's violin playing. It was another thing that calmed her down, and Vanya didn't feel too left out when Valerie was there.

Just as Valerie wanted to go on the next page of the book, the Mission Alarm went off. Red lights blaring through the whole Academy. The girl sighed and put something between the two book pages she wanted to read before laying the book down on her bed to read later.

She changed into her mission suit, put her rather long brown hair in a high ponytail before putting on her black boots and grabbing her domino mask from her desk. She walked outside her room to see Luther running right past her.

"Behind you!" He called out to Reginald as he yelled something about the Umbrella Academy being unprofessional for being 'late'.

The girl walked over to Vanya's room and leaned against the doorframe, listening to her Best Friends violin playing.

Her 'Mother' walked up beside the girl and fixed her hair before looking into the room at Vanya. "That sounds beautiful, Vanya." The woman said as she smiled sweetly at Vanya, Valerie nodding in agreement.

"Thanks, Mom." Vanya thanked her mother and sent both Valerie and Grace a smile as she continued to play her violin.

Grace then turned to Valerie and smiled. "I bet your parents are proud of you." The young girl smiled, looking at the other side of the hallway to see her parents by her room door. They smiled and nodded at her. Valerie smiled widely before turning back to Grace, sending her a nod. The motherly woman smiled a wider smile before taking the domino mask from the girls hands and stroking her cheek. "Now go to your siblings. Your Father is already waiting for all of you downstairs." She told Valerie as she put the mask on her face, covering her eyes.

Valerie sent Vanya and Grace another smile before making her way downstairs. Klaus ran next to her in the middle of the stairs. The girl smiled before smelling a bit of smoke coming from him. She rolled her eyes with a smile on her face. "What did you set on flames now?