12

"And you are a Demon!"

The drive to wherever Five was taking Valerie was long

The drive to wherever Five was taking Valerie was long. It was already dark outside as the two of them stepped out of the taxi and into the pouring rain.

Looking up, Valerie noticed that they stopped at a store named 'Gimbel Brothers'. The store was closed, so it confused Number Zero when Number Five walked over to the two locked doors.

As soon as the boy noticed that Valerie wasn't right behind him, he rolled his eyes and walked towards her. He grabbed her arm and spatial jump inside the dark store.

"A warning would be nice." Valerie muttered, shaking her head from the dizziness before wiping invisible dust from uniform.
Five rolled his eyes again and grabbed a flashlight from a shelf so he could start looking around for the thing he needed to have oh so badly.

Valerie looked around the store. "Not exactly the best time to go shopping." She thought to herself as she started walking around the store. The brunette looked at some clothes in the girls section of the store, but shook her head and thought that the taste of teenagers these days is the worst.

"Valerie," Five whisper yelled, making the young looking woman turn to him. "I found her." He said with a happy smile.

Valerie furrowed her eyebrows and quickly walked over to him to stand beside him. In front of the two of them was a mannequin with a white blouse with black polka dots and some jeans on, she had a red wig and a yellow hat on top of her plastic head.

"Delores." He whispered."It's good to see you again, I missed you... obviously." He scoffed softly at himself.

Valerie looked at Five weirdly as she looked between the puppet and her ex-boyfriend. She thought that he had gone crazy by now. Come to think of it, he comes back from the future, and all of a sudden, he carries an eyeball around while talking to a mannequin.

"It's been a rough couple of days." Five sighed and looked around the store. "By the way, this is Valerie." He motioned to Valerie with his right hand. The young woman just stood there with furrowed eyebrows as she looked from him back to the doll, and then back at him again.

"Are you kidding me right now?" Valerie asked in a dangerously low voice.

It was Five's turn to furrow his eyebrows as he looked over at her. "What? What do you mean?"

Valerie scoffed at Five and shook her head. "You do know that, that, " She waved her hands at the mannequin. "Is only a piece of plastic. It can't talk, and it doesn't have feelings-"

"Hey! Watch your mouth, Valerie." Five told the young woman sternly, and she scoffed again with a sarcastic smile.

"Why would you talk about a Mannequin like it was a real person?" The woman asked him, ignoring what he just said.