Midnight Meetup

Roses POV

After bandaging Jerome up he left for school, I still have the day off because of my little fainting escepade so I just get to chill, I went to the kitchen and grabbed an apple, technically food, and went back upstairs, suddenly there was now a box on my bed, I could've sworn it wasn't there before, it said 'to Rose, open me' in nice writing.When I opened it there were cupcakes all nicely decorated and a note on top that said

"these cupcakes are nearly as  beautiful as you, meet me in the attic after lights out - Jerome"

It was so cute! I blushed heavily and put the note in my drawer and hid the box of cupcakes, now all I had to do was wait till lights out.

♒︎♒︎time skip♒︎♒︎

After Victor made his dramatic call about lights out I got my boots on and got ready to creep out. "what are you doing?" I heard Patricia call from her bed, why did I think she was actually asleep "I'm going out, I won't be long, please don't tell anyone" she looks blankly at me then lies back down "I really don't care"

I grab a jacket and quietly tiptoe out and up to the attic door, it's locked, I kinda expected that so I use my lock picking kit from amazon, £3.99 what a bargain, and the door opens. Once I'm up the stairs I look about but jerom isn't there yet, unusual but he's probably just trying to sneak away from Alfie so I'll wait a while.

♒︎♒︎time skip♒︎♒︎

He isn't coming, it's been an hour, this is one of his stupid pranks everyone told me about, I get my stuff and walk back down to the door and try to open it but it's locked from the outside, I try using my lock pick stuff but they've left the key in the other side, I try to steady my breathing, this is all some cruel joke, a wicked prank to teach me not to trust people easy. I go back up into the attic, they'll unlock it eventually and I don't wanna get in trouble if Victor sees me, I'm sat upstairs for like ten minutes when I see a glow light from a cabinet, and obviously because I'm nosey I have to go and look.

I open the cabinet and there's a golden box that's basically glowing with a yellow light, I pick up the box and the light goes out, I hear the door downstairs start to unlock and I run down, with the box still in hand. When I get out I can't see anyone, I hope Jerome and Alfie got a good laugh, I go through to my room and instantly go to sleep.